Passing Score

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might want to sticky that post somewhere. People are always interested in this kind of stuff.

Does anyone from Civil - Structural have a passing score out yet. Please send it to me through a message if you dont want to post it here. I am really interested where I screwed up so royally.

I still have a hard time believing 70% didn't pass. I guess that means the test was "easier" this year than previous years.

Does anyone from Civil - Structural have a passing score out yet. Please send it to me through a message if you dont want to post it here. I am really interested where I screwed up so royally.

I might be wrong, but I don't think there is a passing score. Others have told me that it's just listed as pass or fail, those that fail get the added benefit of seeing a diagnostic report. I think you would have to find the highest fail score to see how close you were to the cut-off.

I still have a hard time believing 70% didn't pass. I guess that means the test was "easier" this year than previous years.
The grades aren't up on the Texas Board yet so Ill be interested to see what my score is there.

Does that mean if you pass you won't be able to see the score?

I might be wrong, but I don't think there is a passing score. Others have told me that it's just listed as pass or fail, those that fail get the added benefit of seeing a diagnostic report. I think you would have to find the highest fail score to see how close you were to the cut-off.

There's probably a pass score, but I don't think it's made available to test takers. Someone who has passed, lend some insight?

There's probably a pass score, but I don't think it's made available to test takers. Someone who has passed, lend some insight?
Texas gives you a passing score....not that I would know personally, but I have seen others.

I am also in Texas. So far, I can only see I passed, and there is a link to test result, but it couldn't find my score after I put in my name and social. It would be nice if I can know how much I scored for each category.

I took my FE years ago in MA, and got the report with my score and passing score, no diagnostic results.

Texas gives you a passing score....not that I would know personally, but I have seen others.

Not trying to be a stick in the mud - but is it okay to post the number of questions that were about each topic?

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think the NCEES contract said you can't disclose your results to people.

True. I just wasn't sure if posting the exact # of questions in each category ventured too far into the gray area. It probably doesn't, I just didn't want anyone to get in trouble. :)

You guys failed with a 56/80? Wow. 70% is failing??
I would love to see a copy of those results!
OK
Score.PNG
Well there is my nightmare fuel for tonight while I wait for my score.

Hey no sorries Thanks for sharing. Words can't describe how sorry I am that you pulled a 70% and didn't pass. Hang in there.

This is odd. I've never seen anybody post 56/80 as a failure. That's 70% no matter how you slice it. It goes against all f my understanding of how the scores work. You know, this is one that might be worth digging into. Worse case scenario you still fail, best case scenario they messed up and you passed.

Lots of people have posted their diagnostic results in the past I don't think NCEES cares about that.

What I remember from my diagnostic results many moons ago was that you had to make an assumption of the number of problems asked in that category and there's nothing that requires them to have even breakdown of the different type of problems

This is odd. I've never seen anybody post 56/80 as a failure. That's 70% no matter how you slice it. It goes against all f my understanding of how the scores work. You know, this is one that might be worth digging into. Worse case scenario you still fail, best case scenario they messed up and you passed.
Once my score posts on the Texas Board I may send an email or make a call. Have no idea where to start and Im sure its a long shot but, like you said, its not like I can do any worse than failing.

Back