PA PE results - Post results here

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can tell you that PA released about a month after Maryland two years ago when I took the exam. Then it was 5 months from exam date until I received my physical license and number in the mail.
so they will be released via the mail and not off the NCEES website? that is not what i heard or understood. PCS said to keep checking NCEES website.

My PA test results were never released through the NCEES website .. only by mail. I was told that PA did not do that because all of the passing applications had to be approved by the board for their actual license. Things may have changed, but I never heard anything about it.

Just called PCS. They said I will received an email from NCEES regarding the results. She said "they have no idea" on when the results will be released. When I asked why 40+ other states have released their results, she said that they have had the contract for 10 years with PA and PA is just longer and that every state is different. She could not tell me when the results were released last year. She said they have to get the results out between 10 and 12 weeks, which means at the earliest next week at the latest mid jan.

Everything that PCS is telling us is nonsense. They are just jerking us around. One of my co-workers took the PE Civil in PA on April 8th of this year. NCEES released the results to member boards on May 25th. My co-worker received his passing result via email (i.e., login to check NCEES) on May 26th, the very next day!!! That's a wait time of only 48 days. When I passed the PE Civil back in April of 2009, I was notified by mail in 73 days (just over 10 weeks).

Why it is taking so long for them to release results during this exam administration is quite the mystery. I'm still waiting on results for the SE Vertical and PCS is holding me hostage from obtaining reimbursement for expenses, nearly $2,000 worth (exam fee, online class, etc.)

This is BS. In 2004, the results were released on 12/21. I received the results before christmas via mail (it wasn't electronic then). The 12/21 matches the date on my license of "Initial Licsence Date". Now granted it took several months to get the actual license.

The date 12/21/04 corresponds to the 3rd Wed of the month when the engineering board meets. Is this coincidence?

I suspect somebody is telling you guys the entire story. I suspect that the results may not be released and license not issued until after the next board meeting which is January 18.

According to an older post on this forum, October 2010 test results were released January 5, 2011 for PA. So maybe we'll get them sometime around the middle of next week.

PCS administers the results of the test. The board doesn't have anything to do with the testing results.

In fact the issue is, from what I have gathered, is that the state doesn't even have the results yet. PCS hasn't released the results to the state and the examinees.

The BPOA will issue the license but PCS is in charge of collecting the results from NCEES. The state board then issues the license and license number. Getting a license number and license from the state is ANOTHER 90+ day process after PCS releases the results.

What I don't understand is NCEES knows if you passed or failed for every PE applicant in the entire country. Its not like PCS and/or the state is trying to decide what the results are or what pass/fail grade should be; NCEES does that. Why doesn't NCEES just release the results on its website, using its log-in to the examinees and then let the state or its 3rd party follow with the licence?

Ahh ... i did not know about PCS. The only way to get the results was from the board when I took it.

Sadly, I don't expect the results today. I am starting to think that they will take their full twelve weeks. :(

I honestly think that at this point PCS is intentionally withholding our grades because of the constant phone calls and emails. The "every state is different and PA just takes longer" just doesn't make sense being as every other state that PCS works with has had their results released over a week ago. How could it possibly take this much longer for them to process the results? So, it's either they're all in vacation mode until after New Years or the phone and email thing. To which my response is that we should call and email them even more :)

Before I try calling PCS today, does anyone have any recent info that might help in the phone conversation.

I just want to put all this behind me. :(

Good Luck! Please let us know about your conversation.

Points of argument:

• PA is one of the last states to get results
  • Why such a long delay, we have right to know the reason for the delay since we paid all these fees to PCS and NCEES
  • This is the 10th week since our exam, and we need to register and prepare for the next exam in case we have failed.
  • Our employers are waiting for the results also, since they do their "yearly" budget planning and our raises can be dependent on the results if we pass

Hope this helps!

I agree. I feel as though since we pay the fees, they have an obligation to provide us with the reason for the delay. Also, does anyone know exactly how many states have not yet provided results?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just our luck. PCS is closed today for the holidays, so is NCEES. I will call back tomorrow morning, they're supposed to open at 7am, we'll see.

Thanks, Rebelboilers, I am waiting for my Mechanical results too, I took the MD depth section , how did you feel about the exam?

no problem, Aneesu786, we're all in this together to get some closure to some end. I took the Thermal and Fluids section (thought felt like the HVAC section).

I'm probably borderline, anywhere between 54 and 64, but I hope at least 56 and PASSED!

Maybe we'll find out tomorrow after PCS is finished watching today's Bowl games, we couldn't expect them to miss the Rose Bowl or the other Bowl Games with Big Ten teams playing. Here's to "Tomorrow", may it be a pleasant surprise.

Back