PA PE results - Post results here

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too wonder the status with PCS and NCEES. I recieved this email today from PCS:

"It takes up to 12 weeks from the exam date. I can't tell you when they are going to be released because I don't know. Just keep checking NCEES.org to see if your scores have been released."

The email was from a woman with the title "Egineering Exam Coordinator" and provides little clue as to whether or not PCS has reported to NCEES yet.

I am guessing that whoever we are waiting on are on vacation. Many people are on break between Christmas and New Years, especially people with seniority in the company or government.

Just an update...spoke with a woman from PCS a few minutes ago. According to her, PCS is waiting for PABoard to authorize them to release the results through your NCEES account. whatever that means. Interpret that how you like. I'll continue banging my head on my desk.

Spoke with PA board office this morning. PA is saying they finally received the results and that PCS is having an issue that is not allowing them to release results to the people who took the test. Love the back and forth finger pointing that is occurring, not like this is supposed to be a board of PROFESSIONAL engineers that we are all trying to join the ranks of. Does our new stamp come with a government issued pack of red tape to use??

Held for a supervisor, according to her, PA board does not need to validate the results, this is 100% on PCS and the PA board will not do anything to help us. Its out of their hands, please stop calling. What a disgrace.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called PCS yesterday and was told repeatedly to "continue to check the NCEES website". No matter what I asked I was given that answer.

I called PCS today (Wed) and they said the same thing car196 said, but also added that they will be released 10-14 weeks from exam date. I said what was all that 8-10 week talk? She just repeated 10-14 weeks. I then read the following quote from her (PCS) website:

"Scoring and Reporting

PCS, its partners, and clients transmit all data in an encrypted format to protect the integrity of all examination materials. Transmissions are daily and seamless between each party."

I then asked her to define "seemless"

I am not a jerk so I followed up with, "I know it's not your fault, but ....just admit you guys screwed up and I will stop calling.....ADMIT IT!" haha.

For what it is worth, I called NCEES and they advised me to call PCS; they indicated that PCS has not released authorization for NCEES to notify the candidates yet.

Well, there's clearly a communication issue between the State Board, PCS and NCEES. I'm just unclear on why PCS would tell us to "continue to check the NCEES website" when NCEES says that they've yet to receive authorization from PCS to post the results. This waiting is more a of a nightmare then the exam prep and taking the exam combined. I just hope that after all this nonsense, I don't end up failing and have to deal with this all over :wacko:

I got an email from the state board saying that the results weren't released yet because PCS was having technical difficulties and any further questions I had PCS should be contacted. I then followed up with PCS and they said they weren't aware of what technical issues the state board referenced and said it takes up to 12 weeks to release results and that PA's results simply are not ready yet.

I'm just going to start calling them everyday. I dont care if I get the same answers. They are wasting my time by the fact that I need to "keep checking NCEES". I will waste their time answering phone calls. It doesnt make sense why 45+ other states were able to do this already. Im getting tired of people in my office asking me if I passed! Maybe I should get them to call too.

I got an email from the state board saying that the results weren't released yet because PCS was having technical difficulties and any further questions I had PCS should be contacted. I then followed up with PCS and they said they weren't aware of what technical issues the state board referenced and said it takes up to 12 weeks to release results and that PA's results simply are not ready yet.

That's the response i got the last time i called PCS earlier today. Just that they're still in the 8-12 week period of having results ready and its a long process that takes time and thanks for waiting but they are working on getting them out.

Spoke with PCS again. I was told to keep checking NCEES then in the same breath told that it could take up to 12 weeks from the exam date.

Not sure if "keep checking NCEES" is some kind of cruel joke on their part. This is getting ridiculous, I wish they would at least give us a more definitive time frame on when they'll be released.

I was actually told by PCS that it could be late January. She also indicated that this was only week 7 (isn't it almost week 9?). I am very frustrated wtih PCS, I understand that they are frustrated by our inquiries but 12 weeks is a long time to wait.

I if she could explain the reporting process to me, but she said this was something she could not discuss. I didn't expect her to release results just explain the process.

Right now, I would be happy to know whether the results will be posted be before or after the New Year.

Right now, I would be happy to know whether the results will be posted be before or after the New Year.
Maybe if we all badger PCS enough they'll at least let us know that. The person I talked to yesterday said they "should be released anytime now". But I don't really think they have any idea.

Email I got today at 9:47 PM (Thursday) from the PA state board:

Thank you for your recent email inquiry.
Scores are released to individuals by the testing agency. It is the Board’s understanding they are having a technical problem which has caused the delay. Please contact the testing agency at
877-364-3926
to inquire about the scores.
Sincerely,
Meg Greco

Reviewing Officer

STATE BOARD FOR PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS,

LAND SURVEYORS AND GEOLOGIST

PO BOX 2649

HARRISBURG PA 17105
http://www.dos.state.pa.us/eng

www.dos.state.pa.us/eng
http://www.dos.state.pa.us/eng

I can tell you that PA released about a month after Maryland two years ago when I took the exam. Then it was 5 months from exam date until I received my physical license and number in the mail.

Here's a good adage to know ... If it's thin, you are in.

Your response from the board will only be one sheet of paper if you passed. A large packet (so i have been told) if you did not. So, have a bottle of wine and a bottle or something else a little stronger at home. I know my wife called me and told me the results had come ... got home from work and was met at the door with a bottle of champagne and a thin white envelope. Would have been a bottle and shot glasses if it were a thick envelope.

Here's to hoping you all join the licensed professional ranks.

Back