Opening Day

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sigh...you'd think for all the drama of Albert Pujols' contract negotiation that you could have at least SCORED yesterday.

^^

breezy for sure. There is lots and lots of wind where I'm sitting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting ready to go check my son out of school and head to the Royals game.

When people in Kansas City, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, etc give up on their teams, maybe players will finally agree to a salary cap.

Then the Yankees and Red Sox will quit buying championships and I will care about baseball again.

When people in Kansas City, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, etc give up on their teams, maybe players will finally agree to a salary cap.

Then the Yankees and Red Sox will quit buying championships and I will care about baseball again.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110401/ap_on_...league_salaries

Umm, yeah.

I am surprised fans of the "have nots" are still interested.

It can't last though.

Red Sox? Are you aware that 2004 was the first RedSox world Series win in 86 years and they've only got one more since.

Red Sox? Are you aware that 2004 was the first RedSox world Series win in 86 years and they've only got one more since.

Yes, I am aware.

But they would not have won those two if they had spent like the rest of the league.

Going on 30 years and still a fan of a "have not."

That's great.

Do you think the next generation will be as faithful - those who can't remember George Brett and have never seen the Royals be competitive?

more general baseball, but I can usually tell if there is a Cubs/Cards game in STL during the week. The extra traffic from the Chicagonites on I-55 is noticable.

That's a shame that so many Cubs fans would sit in traffic just to go watch them lose...

:p

I love watching a season unfold. There's a tempo about it that I just really like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the cubs won more in their series with the cards last season. BUt I don't follow baseball so who knows

I'm a Mets fan. The team that's the laughing stock of the league. I have no interest in the opening day or the season at this fuck.

Also, a big fuck you to the Red Sox, for making my wife's commute rotten when you have games at certain times.

Going on 30 years and still a fan of a "have not."

That's great.

Do you think the next generation will be as faithful - those who can't remember George Brett and have never seen the Royals be competitive?
After we win a few pennants in the next decade, they'll be hooked, too. :bag:

It's amazing the Royals have not come close to the playoffs in so long, given the division they play in. But given their payroll, it makes sense.

And I just don't see how it's going to change for you guys under the present system. The way it is now, I don't see a team like Kansas City or Pittsburgh winning a World Series again in my lifetime.

Maybe when fans lose interest entirely and the "have nots" start losing money and threatening to close up shop - maybe then a real salary cap will be approved and give you guys a chance.

It's ironic that NOT going to games and supporting your team might give them a BETTER chance at winning.

It's amazing the Royals have not come close to the playoffs in so long, given the division they play in. But given their payroll, it makes sense.
And I just don't see how it's going to change for you guys under the present system. The way it is now, I don't see a team like Kansas City or Pittsburgh winning a World Series again in my lifetime.

Maybe when fans lose interest entirely and the "have nots" start losing money and threatening to close up shop - maybe then a real salary cap will be approved and give you guys a chance.

It's ironic that NOT going to games and supporting your team might give them a BETTER chance at winning.
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/ar...sp&sid=t426

This is all we have to hang our hopes on.

Latest posts

Back