One Month Out

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home stretch! You all are so close!  

Take this time to stay as calm and focused as you can.  I stopped studying the Tuesday before the test, and it was the best thing I could have done!  It really helped my mind reboot after all the intense studying.  This week is not about learning brand-new concepts.  And don't worry, we've all had sections or topics we wished we spent more time on prior to going into the exam.  Spend this time doing a light review and organizing all your materials and notes. You got it!  
That's my plan, no more studying after Tuesday. I might organize a couple of things on Wednesday but Wednesday is packing since I'm driving across states Thursday after work lol 

I think I'd rather run another marathon... and I hated marathon training LOL
LOL yes!  At least when you finish the marathon, that's it!  Your legs are on fire for the next week, but you don't have to wait another 5-6 weeks in agony...

So did you end up running Boston???  If so, that's super impressive.

LOL yes!  At least when you finish the marathon, that's it!  Your legs are on fire for the next week, but you don't have to wait another 5-6 weeks in agony...

So did you end up running Boston???  If so, that's super impressive.
I did run Boston! It'll be my only marathon LOL

I was signed up for a marathon for May before I found out I was retaking the PE. And I dropped down in late February. I waited so long between marathons to get over the training burn out and I was over it but I do not at all enjoy marathon training. And this winter was rough in Maine so long runs in negative temps... NOPE. Meant I didn't have to balanace PE, work, boyfriend, and marathon training lol

I was signed up for a marathon for May before I found out I was retaking the PE. And I dropped down in late February. I waited so long between marathons to get over the training burn out and I was over it but I do not at all enjoy marathon training. And this winter was rough in Maine so long runs in negative temps... NOPE. Meant I didn't have to balanace PE, work, boyfriend, and marathon training lol
That's so awesome you did Boston. It's my bucket list marathon.  I'm currently too slow to qualify.

I can't even imagine running in negative temps, omg. It's gotten to the point where even if it's in the 50s, I don't want to run in it.  Marathon training is so hard on the body.  I've done 2 and I've taken years off in between each one.  I'm amazed at people who do multiple marathons a year. HOW lol.

That's awesome!  I ran 9 marathons and always lusted after Boston but I ended up with a hip injury that has ended my running days before it could come to fruition. 

Well done!

That's awesome!  I ran 9 marathons and always lusted after Boston but I ended up with a hip injury that has ended my running days before it could come to fruition. 

Well done!
Thank you!

I hope your hip is ok now, as ok as it can be

I actually never had a desire to run a marathon and then one day, decided my first marathon was gonna be in northern Maine in December. 

Spoiler alert: it was -10F and my water froze so that became a half marathon lol

So Boston was my 1st and only. I volunteer at Boston too, handing out Hydration. It's also very rewarding. A little easier on the body lol 

In between of being super nervous about what they're going to throw at me to ready to destroy this test. haha I haven't kept up with my hours this time but last time I put in 190 and this time I have to be somewhere at 300 with doing 1000 plus problems. So hopefully I've prepared enough. Idk what else I would do different if i have to take it again.

In between of being super nervous about what they're going to throw at me to ready to destroy this test. haha I haven't kept up with my hours this time but last time I put in 190 and this time I have to be somewhere at 300 with doing 1000 plus problems. So hopefully I've prepared enough. Idk what else I would do different if i have to take it again.
cry and switch fields?

dawn-of-the-first-day-72-hours-remain-33556796.png

dude you're freaking me out!
I'm here to help!

You got this!

Speaking of two days out: y'know how in baseball, the batter swings a heavier bat in the on-deck circle to get ready to hit. They practice with a heavier load so that the muscles are warmed up and ready to tackle something easier a minute later. That should be everyone today when it comes to exam readiness.

So what you're saying is do more practice problems all night today till I can't see and then I should hit a home run on friday?!

I'm here to help!

You got this!

Speaking of two days out: y'know how in baseball, the batter swings a heavier bat in the on-deck circle to get ready to hit. They practice with a heavier load so that the muscles are warmed up and ready to tackle something easier a minute later. That should be everyone today when it comes to exam readiness.
Tried to do the Lindeburg MDM practice exam and couldn't finish the afternoon exam in 4 hours (I don't think it's even possible) and I have done the exam 2 times before. So be careful what you are asking for haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what you're saying is do more practice problems all night today till I can't see and then I should hit a home run on friday?!
Yes :thumbs:

But take it easy tomorrow. That's the equivalent to strolling to the plate while getting pysched up by your "walk up" music.

Also: listen to your "walk up" music on the way to the exam on Friday.

Back