One Month Out

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is go number 4 for me. We need to add #5 - NUMB to the list. That would make me a pretty even combination of 1, 3 and 5. 

I'm definitely not going to say that I don't care anymore. Obviously I do if I'm taking the exam again but I feel pretty emotionless at this point  :B  I bought a textbook in the topic I have struggled with the most so I'm reading through it and it's helping a ton. Other than that I'm just doing problem after problem.

Ready for April 6th!!!! 

My exam is at a hotel conference center.  I'm highly considering staying there the night before. 
One of my exams was at a hotel conference center. I stayed at the hotel the night before and it made for a very relaxing morning before a very stressful 8 hrs. I was able to get a late check out so all I had to do that morning was go downstairs and eat breakfast. During the lunch break I went back up to the room ate my lunch then checked out. Just make sure you don't lay down and fall asleep on the comfy bed during the break!!! 

I was just thinking to myself "Maybe we should add a #5 - "Dead on the inside" category", especially for post-test trauma
OH JUST WAIT!!!! This forum will blow up after the exam!!! Especially around 4 weeks post exam. @RBHeadge PE will post a link to a very lengthy topic that guides you through the stages of post exam life.

@daydreambeliever I was just thinking to myself "Maybe we should add a #5 - "Dead on the inside" category", especially for post-test trauma
giphy.gif

You don't want to be dead on the inside pre-exam. There's no path to success from there.

OH JUST WAIT!!!! This forum will blow up after the exam!!! Especially around 4 weeks post exam. @RBHeadge PE will post a link to a very lengthy topic that guides you through the stages of post exam life.
giphy.gif

I think I'm gonna just go ahead and upgrade myself to a mix of 3 and 4. A little manic, but still alive.

April 2019 PE Poll

For all us upcoming test-takers, how are you feeling right now?

1. Calm, cool, collected
  2. A little nervous
  3. Tunnel visioned with practice problems; no time to worry
  4. Total panic, buying spree of additional problems, questioning every decision in this life
I'm a healthy mix of 1,2 and 3.

a good 1 now on the AM after a few practice exams (still have to do NCEES 2018/EET exam)

Structural depth a 5 - omg im fu#*#8

Breadth - Between a 1 and 2

Depth - 3 and will be a 4 by the end of next week.

Theme of this week:

Every other problem has me switching from a 1 to a 4 and back. Its a vicious cycle of feeling absolutely competent, then questioning why I do these things to myself

Theme of this week:

Every other problem has me switching from a 1 to a 4 and back. Its a vicious cycle of feeling absolutely competent, then questioning why I do these things to myself
I've got a hold of a couple practice exams that made me feel like a 4. (Goswami and ITRE) But ill take some of the others and nail a 80%+ and be back on top. So I feel you on this one.

Less than a week out! How's everybody feeling? Keeping it together?

I've settled in nicely with my new 4 status. More problems, more problems...

Amazon failed a delivery of another practice exam over the weekend! My nerves are only getting worse and worse!

Can I be like a 2.5?

This isn't my 1st time taking this, not even my second time lol.  I'm probably about as nervous as I was the 1st time I took since I've actually put a bunch of work in and definitely have one section that's a major weakness so that's stressing me out. But it is what it is at this point really. Going to do a few more problems in my problem area tomorrow and then call it quits on studying. 

Yesterday was definitely 3. lol

Can I be like a 2.5?

This isn't my 1st time taking this, not even my second time lol.  I'm probably about as nervous as I was the 1st time I took since I've actually put a bunch of work in and definitely have one section that's a major weakness so that's stressing me out. But it is what it is at this point really. Going to do a few more problems in my problem area tomorrow and then call it quits on studying. 

To you and all other repeat test takers, let me first let you know that my Texas score attempts (PE - Structural) were 59 -1st attempt, 66-2nd attempt and 82-3rd attempt in a row, my advice is that you guys just need to be calmed and focused for the few days remaining and even during the exam. don't try to think about the last two unsuccessful attempts during the exam instead be more cautious, accurate and fearless. Remember F.E.A.R is False Evidences Appearing Real. You have all studied hard and deserve to come out successful this time. Best.

To you and all other repeat test takers, let me first let you know that my Texas score attempts (PE - Structural) were 59 -1st attempt, 66-2nd attempt and 82-3rd attempt in a row, my advice is that you guys just need to be calmed and focused for the few days remaining and even during the exam. don't try to think about the last two unsuccessful attempts during the exam instead be more cautious, accurate and fearless. Remember F.E.A.R is False Evidences Appearing Real. You have all studied hard and deserve to come out successful this time. Best.
Appreciated.

I'm only feeling anxious because I've actually prepared.

I've gone into the test with minimal studying and felt calmer (I was chosen to represent my track club at the Boston Marathon, I picked marathon training over the PE since the likelihood of ever running a marathon, especially Boston, was very very low at that point LOL)

Can I be like a 2.5?

I place myself somewhere around 2.5 as well.  I just worry about the controlling my nerves getting into the actual test now.  Recognizing that there will be several questions I can't answer and will have to guess while not letting that impact my composure on those questions that I should be able to answer.......

Appreciated.

I'm only feeling anxious because I've actually prepared.

I've gone into the test with minimal studying and felt calmer (I was chosen to represent my track club at the Boston Marathon, I picked marathon training over the PE since the likelihood of ever running a marathon, especially Boston, was very very low at that point LOL)
Think of the PE exam as your new mental marathon my friend, you got this....good luck to you on Friday.

Home stretch! You all are so close!  

Take this time to stay as calm and focused as you can.  I stopped studying the Tuesday before the test, and it was the best thing I could have done!  It really helped my mind reboot after all the intense studying.  This week is not about learning brand-new concepts.  And don't worry, we've all had sections or topics we wished we spent more time on prior to going into the exam.  Spend this time doing a light review and organizing all your materials and notes. You got it!  

Back