October 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
48 days. But it was a miserable 48 days that felt longer than it was. There was some sort of nasty negative feedback loop going on.

Oct '14 was 52 days to first release, and an even longer 88 days for Pennsylvania to get their act together.

Prior to 2010, first release was usually 50-59 days. And most States were in the 60s-70s days. California took 112 days in April 2008. Back then 10-12 weeks actually meant 10-12 weeks! Unlike today where 8-10 weeks usually means ~6 weeks.
My older sister passed the civil PE exam some time around 2002. She got her results in the mail. I think it was about 8 weeks.

Oct 2019 was like 50 days or something? Having no frame of reference before that, it wasn't so bad.
I'm inclined to agree. The initial release happened before the official 8-10 week window opened. So anyone without prior knowledge would think everything was normal.

With that said, things don't happen in a vacuum anymore. A lot of the speedbumps that slowed down the release in the past were gone. Society expected automation, optimization, and just-in-time supply chains. Further social media is pervasive and answers are easily found on the internet so people can easily understand delays and monitor progress.

Combine that with the fact that there was enough recorded observations on this site over 15 years that the community had figured out the "black box" that was waiting period. We knew that an October wait was going to be 40-42 days unless there was an once-a-year exam(s) that required a cut-score meeting. In which case we'd know by early December when the cut meeting is scheduled and the release would come a couple business days after that.

The problem with Oct '19 was that the Control System Cut Score meeting date was never published publicly. Expectations went out the window, people looked at the December calendar and panicked. What's worse is that all the stressed out people could easily talk to each other and generate more and more negative emotions.

48 days. But it was a miserable 48 days that felt longer than it was. There was some sort of nasty negative feedback loop going on.

Oct '14 was 52 days to first release, and an even longer 88 days for Pennsylvania to get their act together.

Prior to 2010, first release was usually 50-59 days. And most States were in the 60s-70s days. California took 112 days in April 2008. Back then 10-12 weeks actually meant 10-12 weeks! Unlike today where 8-10 weeks usually means ~6 weeks.
In 2006, the husband got his results after Christmas. The exam was October 27th.

This was my 2nd dance with the Civil Construction PE, I personally found the breadth section to be much easier this go around, and the Depth was comparable if not a bit easier. I did however change my study practices pretty drastically after my first attempt.

On my first attempt, I did a PPI prep course and pretty much followed that course and did 2 practice tests including one mock exam before test day. I had other friends of mine that did this same method and took the Water Resources and Transportation depths and passed. I feel like I had to be pretty close to the cut-off score but it's obviously impossible to say for sure. The passing rate for Construction was crazy low for April 2021 in comparison to the other Civil disciplines, it was even lower than Structural.

This time around I purchased/borrowed around 10 practice exams and other problem books and worked through all of them. Also did a mock Exam two weeks prior to the test date to gauge my preparation which I passed easily (I used the PE Prepared breadth and depth practice tests for this as I used the NCEES one last time and found it to be unrealistically easy compared to the actual exam). I didn't use any particular prep course this go around, I believed the foundation from my previous course was strong enough to build upon by just doing copious amounts of problems.

If I somehow do not pass this time I am not sure how to prepare any better for the next time. I really do not want to waste all this investment on my resources as the exam is moving to CBT closed book.
I pretty much followed your plans identical for construction as well. First time I spent all my time on classes and making notes in books and rewatching the vids. I failed miserably. This time I went all practice problems and kept a study log. 260 hrs and 1200 problems from class books, 4 pe prepared exams, and ncees exam over and over until I could got 100% last couple weeks. At the end I felt way better but felt like unknown problems new to me were a weakness. Last few days I really dove into the CERM and NCEES manual on their website I just happened to stumble across. Getting more familiar with these helped some but wish I’d thought of that sooner. Many of my class equations did not arrive at the same answer as from the NCEES manual equations. If there is a round 3 I think practice problems full time while using the NCEES CBT reference manual will definitely be a game changer seeing it’s the only thing you can use. Best of luck to you all!

I'm inclined to agree. The initial release happened before the official 8-10 week window opened. So anyone without prior knowledge would think everything was normal.

With that said, things don't happen in a vacuum anymore. A lot of the speedbumps that slowed down the release in the past were gone. Society expected automation, optimization, and just-in-time supply chains. Further social media is pervasive and answers are easily found on the internet so people can easily understand delays and monitor progress.

Combine that with the fact that there was enough recorded observations on this site over 15 years that the community had figured out the "black box" that was waiting period. We knew that an October wait was going to be 40-42 days unless there was an once-a-year exam(s) that required a cut-score meeting. In which case we'd know by early December when the cut meeting is scheduled and the release would come a couple business days after that.

The problem with Oct '19 was that the Control System Cut Score meeting date was never published publicly. Expectations went out the window, people looked at the December calendar and panicked. What's worse is that all the stressed out people could easily talk to each other and generate more and more negative emotions.
This was the primary reason I got into EB Mafia. I was tired of looking at the Spam and WTTS threads with all the negative stuff going on. EB Mafia helped take my mind off the exam results.

Electrical, I took it in December 2020 so I was among the first Electrical CBT takers after they cancelled the October 2020 P&P exam. Thanks, definitely no easy feat but I invested a lot of time and money into studying and it paid off on the first attempt.

Take my test.
No thanks. I'm not that big of a masochist.

So the scoring is per site?
Everything is scored, QA'd, etc at NCEES in South Carolina. The results for the PE exams in a given administration (i.e. Oct '21) regardless of location, discipline, depth, etc. are released to the respective licensing boards at the same time.

since I'm the only PE examinee at my examination site do I have better chances to pass the exam?
No. Passing is based on achieving the cut score or higher on that specific exam.

since the registration for 2022 CBT PE is starting next week, is there a chance they release the results earlier?
fd0c570bf227c1a30f7aa3e8c512f08e.gif

And for everyone in this thread: don't fall for the trick that if you can't register for the exam it means you failed. This is your second warning. If you don't heed it and you fall for it and panic, then it's your own damn fault and I have no sympathy for you.

Also, that was so long ago we had different profile names.
Nope, I had the same one.

I didn't. Mine changed in 2017. :) MAYBE IN 2022!
👍

Ahh, here we go! Guessing release date fun.
IcyFrightenedAnophelesmosquito-max-1mb.gif

OH WOW!!!!
maybe is 40 days this time around
I vote for December 1st! 41 days
I'd agree that the window opens on Nov 30/Dec 1.

I would NOT feel confident saying it will happen on Dec 1. I would strongly recommend NOT cathecting yourself to that date.

And anyone waiting in Georgia, Hawaii, Colorado, New Jersey, and especially Pennsylvania should expect a longer wait than the rest of the country.

Electrical, I took it in December 2020 so I was among the first Electrical CBT takers after they cancelled the October 2020 P&P exam. Thanks, definitely no easy feat but I invested a lot of time and money into studying and it paid off on the first attempt.
awesome!!!

Back