October 2020 Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In an earlier post 2 weeks ago, I predicted the SE results will only be released latter part of the third week of this month. May be next time around we can post a dart board for members to try their darts on it and vent their anxiety level!

crazy thing is a friend of mine took the electrical cbt exam 12/7 (or 11/30?) and got his results 12/9.  Here i am waiting...

crazy thing is a friend of mine took the electrical cbt exam 12/7 (or 11/30?) and got his results 12/9.  Here i am waiting...
Yeah, crazy, but look at it this way. Apparently it used to be 4 months. Now even with COVID they will do it in 7 weeks. I don’t see a CBT SE happening even though they are shooting for it in 2025. 

Yeah, crazy, but look at it this way. Apparently it used to be 4 months. Now even with COVID they will do it in 7 weeks. I don’t see a CBT SE happening even though they are shooting for it in 2025. 
I agree. I really cant see an equal civil structural PE exam in cbt, much less an SE exam.

I can see it now. CBT, but with a written part that has to be done on whiteboard. Or tablet.

FML
Hope I will be done before that. Whiteboard or tablet, unless AI is programmed to grade the handwritten essays, if humans were to grade it still, how would it benefit?

I know a fellow who not just threateed to quit if a computer is placed on his desk but followed up on it the day it was. I know what readers are thinking. No, it wasn’t me only because I couldn’t afford to.

I shudder at the day the S.E. exam becomes a CBT exam, and I haven't even taken the exams yet (hoping and aiming for April 2021). Would that mean we only get a reference manual for the S.E. exam, too? How the HECK would that work, with so many codes already involved?

I hope you all get your results soon! It can't be long now. Though, typically, it's been a week or two after P.E. results are released, correct? I wonder how that is affected by the January P.E. exam... Gosh, this is complicated.

I shudder at the day the S.E. exam becomes a CBT exam, and I haven't even taken the exams yet (hoping and aiming for April 2021). Would that mean we only get a reference manual for the S.E. exam, too? How the HECK would that work, with so many codes already involved?

I hope you all get your results soon! It can't be long now. Though, typically, it's been a week or two after P.E. results are released, correct? I wonder how that is affected by the January P.E. exam... Gosh, this is complicated.
Why one depends upon the other is lost on me.  Two different exams, two different methods, two different goals.

Unless of course I am missing something.  It is not as if you run and take the PE if you do not pass the SE.

Why one depends upon the other is lost on me.  Two different exams, two different methods, two different goals.

Unless of course I am missing something.  It is not as if you run and take the PE if you do not pass the SE.
I think it has to do with State Boards. Some Boards will only let you take SE after the PE license is given by them. Takes time for Boards to ratify licenses even after one passes the PE or SE exam. Some Boards do it fast administratively, others only at scheduled Board Meetings. Scheduling exam application deadlines, releasing results have linkages, why this I think.

Historically, I don't think the two were related at all. It had to do with the grading sessions for the S.E. exams, which were usually scheduled for the first week of December, if I remember correctly.

It just seemed like a rule of thumb to expect S.E. results a week or so after P.E. exam results, because lately, P.E. exam results have been released in early December for the October exams. However, the release of the S.E. exam results are not tied to the release of the P.E. exam results in any way that I am aware.

Last edited by a moderator:
PE exam results have started rolling out this morning.

Hopefully we get ours this week...I know our results are more related to the scoring workshop date than the PE results dates. Anybody know how much time is typically between the two in years past? My memory tells me a full week at least but i dont remember specifically

The guy managing the results map in the PE threads says that when your results dashboard changes from just saying ‘october 2020’ to ‘october 23rd’, that means the results have been released to states, theyre just waiting on the go ahead from states to release.

It has switched for me...the optimistic side of me hopes that means our results are in, but the cynical side thinks that it automatically updates all examinees dashboard when pe results are released, and we still have some waiting to do.

They typically release results the following week after the grading workshop or the week after. We are in the "week after". I have high hopes they release this afternoon.

Back