October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am starting to get antsy myself. I am not at all worried about the cut score because I have no idea what my score was...

I am going back and forth between being sure that I passed and being fairly confident that I failed.

I am also waiting on an offer from a new job after 12 years at my current company. I love my boss, but there is nowhere to go here, and I have been angling for this move for the past 5 years.

The level of uncertainty in my life right now is too much for my anxious disposition.

I walked into the exam expecting a MDM cut score of 75% or 60. Morning was rough, likely was on the wrong side of 30. Afternoon felt much better, maybe on the right side of 30. Add in the false sense of security that accompanies the trap correct answers with a factor of safety of 2 and I definitely failed.

I just have this feeling that next week I will be checking my email non-stop.

Also pro-tip, do not have your significant other or friend, read you your results... just rip the band aid off and do it yourself. Last season, I got my husband to read it for me and he sat on the phone in silence for like 5 minutes. The wait was excruciating and I had failed. Basically, he had not prepared himself to tell me nicely that I failed so he just sat in silence trying to figure out what to say. Learn from my lesson, do not do this!  

I am hoping that I get a better result this time reading my results for myself :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
I just have this feeling that next week I will be checking my email non-stop.

Also pro-tip, do not have your significant other or friend, read you your results... just rip the band aid off and do it yourself. Last season, I got my husband to read it for me and he sat on the phone in silence for like 5 minutes. The wait was excruciating and I had failed. Basically, he had not prepared himself to tell me nicely that I failed so he just sat in silence trying to figure out what to say. Learn from my lesson, do not do this!  
100% agree with significant other statement. I would also add to not open results in front of group of friends or family. They weren't ready for that anger.

I know this because I have done both.

That will get into full swing after results come out, right? When people who failed get their diagnostics and people in Texas get their fake scores. Then lots of math and speculation.
Yes it will.

100% agree with significant other statement. I would also add to not open results in front of group of friends or family. They weren't ready for that anger.

I know this because I have done both.
1st time I failed, a coworker was with me, I wanted to huck my phone across the room.

And then most recently failure, I was with a different coworker and just dropped my phone from sadness

I've done well to not think too much about the exam up until this week.  Now I've started combing through result release threads, NCEES licensure exchange, NCEES twitter.... looking for clues.  Did you know NCEES Twitter posts the same line about "Wondering about results...?" one to two weeks before results are released?

I've done well to not think too much about the exam up until this week.  Now I've started combing through result release threads, NCEES licensure exchange, NCEES twitter.... looking for clues.  Did you know NCEES Twitter posts the same line about "Wondering about results...?" one to two weeks before results are released?
There was a thread about that last year and it did not happen as it did in the years past... although I will say I will probably start looking for clues too. My mind cannot handle the wait.

There was a thread about that last year and it did not happen as it did in the years past... although I will say I will probably start looking for clues too. My mind cannot handle the wait.
Futile exercise D.

Back