October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of odds, anyone want to make odds on who reads and reports the schedule found in the December 2019 NCEES Liscensure Exchange newsletter first?

@RBHeadge PE 4:1?

@Will.I.Am 1:2?

field 6:1?
Depends strongly on how much IRL work I have on the first couple days of next week. The way it's looking, currently, I'd put myself closer to 2:1. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Picking through the various forums on here led me to put today on my calendar as the earliest possible weekday scores could become available. The question is...with the premise that you are equally likely to fail as you are to pass, would you prefer to know before thanksgiving or after? The answer is easy if you passed, but would you prefer knowing a failure before or after all the family is at the table?
I'd really just like to know at this point.  Either celebrate or quick cry and back to studying.  

In my mind, there are 3 groups at this point: A) PASS, scored above the cut score; B) FAIL, scored well below the cut score, and C) Undecided, depending if a question/two are re-evaluated may pass.  Currently wafting between Phase 3 (Worry) and Phase 4 (Doubt) and I have convinced myself I am in 'Undecided'.

For whatever it worth. When I went through the process, I found the wait for my final application to be approved by my state board to be worse than the wait for exam results. (I'm in a decoupled state.) But I'm weird.

My feeling happened to mirror the outcome. I passed the exam on the first try. But I did not have my application approved on the first try.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a side note, it's difficult to think about slope stability analyses and betting odds at the same time: 

10:1 slope - Not risky.

10:1 betting odds - Significantly risky.

I guess if you really want to know results you could do this (Heavy Sarcasm):

I am sure NCEES and your state board will let you know pretty quickly what the result is...

Tim@NCEES does that speed up the release process for an individual?

I had a dream last night that it was December 4th and it was time to time to check my email. But, I woke up and it was November 25th.... LOL

I've got $5 on Friday the 13th.
I got a scientific guestimation as to why I say the 4th🤓🤓... Last year the October exam was October 26th and the results came out on December 5th at 11:30 am in Michigan...🤔🤔 👩🏽‍🔬 So based on that.... The test this year was given on October 25th....  So let’s do the math🤔🤔👩🏽‍🔬👩🏽‍🔬 26 -25 =1 day soooooo..... 🧮 If I do my math right.... Dec 5 -  1 day will get is the date of ✍️ Dec 4th!!!! 👌🤓🤓😁😁😂😂

I got a scientific guestimation as to why I say the 4th🤓🤓... Last year the October exam was October 26th and the results came out on December 5th at 11:30 am in Michigan...🤔🤔 👩🏽‍🔬 So based on that.... The test this year was given on October 25th....  So let’s do the math🤔🤔👩🏽‍🔬👩🏽‍🔬 26 -25 =1 day soooooo..... 🧮 If I do my math right.... Dec 5 -  1 day will get is the date of ✍️ Dec 4th!!!! 👌🤓🤓😁😁😂😂
How about the new specifications for the control systems exam? It may push it to the following week.

Back