October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FUTILE EXCERCISE B

RESULTS WILL COME OUT BEFORE DEC 9TH... SEE BELOW... HAHA!

View attachment 14394
The two things aren't connected. There have been plenty of time when the results came out after the registration window opened.
Then people foolishly assumed they had failed when they were able to register for the next exam cycle... As if the left hand actually knows what the right is doing. 

:p

Now, if registration for the next administration closed on December 9th, you'd definitely be on to something...

*waves hand*

These aren't the results you're looking for.
You can go about your vacations.
Move along.

The two things aren't connected. There have been plenty of time when the results came out after the registration window opened.
Then people foolishly assumed they had failed when they were able to register for the next exam cycle... As if the left hand actually knows what the right is doing. 

:p

Now, if registration for the next administration closed on December 9th, you'd definitely be on to something...
Yes, I agree. Futile indeed.

Picking through the various forums on here led me to put today on my calendar as the earliest possible weekday scores could become available. The question is...with the premise that you are equally likely to fail as you are to pass, would you prefer to know before thanksgiving or after? The answer is easy if you passed, but would you prefer knowing a failure before or after all the family is at the table?

Picking through the various forums on here led me to put today on my calendar as the earliest possible weekday scores could become available. The question is...with the premise that you are equally likely to fail as you are to pass, would you prefer to know before thanksgiving or after? The answer is easy if you passed, but would you prefer knowing a failure before or after all the family is at the table?
Personally, I would just like to know either way. Waiting is no fun. If I passed, I'd like to celebrate. If I failed, I'd like to start preparing to take it again. With that being said, I feel that we'll be waiting for at least two more weeks. I don't have any real reason to feel that way. It's just a gut feeling.

I don't think that October results have been released in November during the multiple-choice era (since 2007). And I very strongly doubt that they were ever released in November before that. I can't even fathom the results for this cycle coming before December 4th... And it'll probably be more like the second week in December. Hope that doesn't burst your bubble too hard. 

:waiting:

Edit: I found this emoji, recently, which I think I'm going to use when discussing Futile Exercise C.  :deadhorse:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that October results have been released in November during the multiple-choice era (since 2007). And I very strongly doubt that they were ever released in November before that. I can't even fathom the results for this cycle coming before December 4th... And it'll probably be more like the second week in December. Hope that doesn't burst your bubble too hard. 

:waiting:

Edit: I found this emoji, recently, which I think I'm going to use when discussing Futile Exercise C.  :deadhorse:
"Earliest possible" isn't in the same league as "best guess since I sit on the board and know better". No bubble here, just passing the suck time.

Cute emoji by the way sir.
:deadhorse:

Picking through the various forums on here led me to put today on my calendar as the earliest possible weekday scores could become available.
It's certainly not going to happen in November. I'm bearish on the first week of December.

The question is...with the premise that you are equally likely to fail as you are to pass, would you prefer to know before thanksgiving or after? The answer is easy if you passed, but would you prefer knowing a failure before or after all the family is at the table?
The wait is the worst part of this whole process. The stress goes up exponentially with time and it can become crippling after 40 days. If you (all readers) don't believe me, just see how you feel on Dec 3, 5, 9, 10, 11... it gets awful.

At the same time, failing is a awesome gut punch. It! Will! Hurt! The pain of failing probably increases with time spent waiting but at a much lower rate than above.

So if you want to minimize your pain, you want to learn of a fail as quickly as possible. Maybe you don't want to learn about it right before a festive holiday? But personally I'm a rip-off-the-bandaid guy.

OTOH, the joy of passing increases with time, You want it to age so you can appreciate it more, but not spoil so that that the elation feels more like relief than joy.

How do you balance the two? IDK.

If anyone wants to bet on December 4th, PM me. I'm thinking about becoming EB's token bookie.
Thanks for volunteering!

The wait is the worst part of this whole process. The stress goes up exponentially with time and it can become crippling after 40 days. If you (all readers) don't believe me, just see how you feel on Dec 3, 5, 9, 10, 11... it gets awful.
10/10 can confirm.

At the same time, failing is a awesome gut punch. It! Will! Hurt! The pain of failing probably increases with time spent waiting but at a much lower rate than above.
Also, 10/10 can confirm. First time I failed, I almost threw my phone across the room

Back