October 2019 Examinees

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's avoid using "baby" ever again.

No idea why one would prank about taking it for a 7th time. But im legitimately going for try 7. Begrudgingly. But im doing it. I have an outline of a plan of attack for the next 23 weeks.
Have you done any online course?

Have you done any online course?
No. I don't do well with online learning as I figured out in undergrad. And there isn't an in-person course in my state or the state next to mine. 

ETA: I am planning on utilizing the free access of Zach Stone's stuff soon and if that works out well for me, I will be doing 2 months of his course later this summer. 

Last edited by a moderator:
No. I don't do well with online learning as I figured out in undergrad. And there isn't an in-person course in my state or the state next to mine. 

ETA: I am planning on utilizing the free access of Zach Stone's stuff soon and if that works out well for me, I will be doing 2 months of his course later this summer. 
If you have any questions feel free to email me directly. You can find my email address on our main website at www.electricalpereview.com. I also suggest reviewing some of the free articles on the main site, there is a large amount of high-quality content that is useful for the exam. 

If you have any questions feel free to email me directly. You can find my email address on our main website at www.electricalpereview.com. I also suggest reviewing some of the free articles on the main site, there is a large amount of high-quality content that is useful for the exam. 
I appreciate that Zach. I've read a couple of articles on your site  last exam cycle and it was definitely useful. Have you gone printer-friendly yet?? 

I appreciate that Zach. I've read a couple of articles on your site  last exam cycle and it was definitely useful. Have you gone printer-friendly yet?? 
I'm happy to say that we sure have.

There is now a custom print button at the top of each of our articles that will optimize it for printing to fit nicely in your binder for your notes and exam references. It also lets you change the size of the text and all images if you want to make it smaller to save paper. 

Feel free to give it a try on the following article and let me know if you have any issues. It's our most popular article with the largest number of comments on the per unit system. Look for the button that says "Click here to print this article for your exam references!".

Electrical PE Review - Per Unit Example: Tips, Tricks, and What to Watch Out for on the Electrical PE Exam

Good luck everyone taking in October 2019!! You got this!! I passed the Oct 2017 Power PE, and wrote up my approach in a website format to share with people with they asked 'how did you pass'?

My basic approach was to focus almost 100% on solving problems (vs. reading books or watching lectures). I did a sequence of practice exams and problems, and followed a thorough process afterwords to convert all of that problem-working effort into a useful binder I could take in for reference in the exam. In the end,  used my self-made binder and the NEC code book for 95% of the questions, and barely touched my other backup references. Can't recommend it hard enough; build a good binder!!! The other tool I used thoroughly was youtube videos on sections I was struggling with - but focusing on youtube videos with problems being solved (vs. lectures). I documented every youtube video I watched and made a list! GOOD LUCK!!

Good luck everyone taking in October 2019!! You got this!! I passed the Oct 2017 Power PE, and wrote up my approach in a website format to share with people with they asked 'how did you pass'?

My basic approach was to focus almost 100% on solving problems (vs. reading books or watching lectures). I did a sequence of practice exams and problems, and followed a thorough process afterwords to convert all of that problem-working effort into a useful binder I could take in for reference in the exam. In the end,  used my self-made binder and the NEC code book for 95% of the questions, and barely touched my other backup references. Can't recommend it hard enough; build a good binder!!! The other tool I used thoroughly was youtube videos on sections I was struggling with - but focusing on youtube videos with problems being solved (vs. lectures). I documented every youtube video I watched and made a list! GOOD LUCK!!
I agree with everything here.  This was essentially my exact process as well and it worked out in April.

I did all the ncees practice exam problems and most of graffeo.  Someone gave me the Handbook by Beaty, but I’m thinking of buying complex imaginary next.  Any advice on which one to tackle next?

I did all the ncees practice exam problems and most of graffeo.  Someone gave me the Handbook by Beaty, but I’m thinking of buying complex imaginary next.  Any advice on which one to tackle next?
Engineering Pro Guides has a great all-around power test and another 40 question (I think) test that covers just code.  If you're not super sharp with navigating the NEC and NESC, this will definitely help get you there.

Engineering Pro Guides has a great all-around power test and another 40 question (I think) test that covers just code.  If you're not super sharp with navigating the NEC and NESC, this will definitely help get you there.
Really appreciate it!

Hey! I laid out the order I did all the practice problems in in my step by step of my study method. In the write up, I detail out my thoughts on my order and things I would change. Also,  I wrote up some 'reviews' of sorts of the materials I used, to hopefully help guide people who are looking at the mountain of options for materials available with some real-person (non-professional-marketing based) thoughts on each resource. Good luck! You Got This!!

Back