October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, I tried diplomacy.
h7BCD4C24

I'll break it down by syllable:

• LOO- This is the stressed syllable. It's also the only one that's remotely phonetic.
  • Uh- It's pretty much like you got punched in the abdomen, but a little less breathy.
  • Vul- This is where the cigar and 6 Bourbons really come in. As long as there's something resembling a V sound at the beginning and an L sounds at the end, you can't slur it too much.
LOO-uh-vul.
Looie-ville.

Anyone grow up with this?

I went to a Chinese restaurant to buy a loaf of bread bread bread
The waitress wrapped it in tin foil and this is what she said said said...

I'll break it down by syllable:

• LOO- This is the stressed syllable. It's also the only one that's remotely phonetic.
  • Uh- It's pretty much like you got punched in the abdomen, but a little less breathy.
  • Vul- This is where the cigar and 6 Bourbons really come in. As long as there's something resembling a V sound at the beginning and an L sounds at the end, you can't slur it too much.
LOO-uh-vul.
So slippery. I feel like I keep giving the 'uh' in the middle too high placement.  I think if I said it out loud it'd be fine/sound normal?  It feel like it has no syllables but it has many syllables! 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back