October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Lew-e-ville"?  Is that right?  It's a liquid-feeling word, so rolls right off.
I'll break it down by syllable:

• LOO- This is the stressed syllable. It's also the only one that's remotely phonetic.
  • Uh- It's pretty much like you got punched in the abdomen, but a little less breathy.
  • Vul- This is where the cigar and 6 Bourbons really come in. As long as there's something resembling a V sound at the beginning and an L sounds at the end, you can't slur it too much.
LOO-uh-vul.

• LOO- This is the stressed syllable. It's also the only one that's remotely phonetic.
  • Uh- It's pretty much like you got punched in the abdomen, but a little less breathy.
  • Vul- This is where the cigar and 6 Bourbons really come in. As long as there's something resembling a V sound at the beginning and an L sounds at the end, you can't slur it too much.
LOO-uh-vul.
Lewis ville.

LOO-uh-vul.
I swear I was never corrected and, again, I blame ESL parents, but I've always pronounced it (until recently) "Louis-ville". I'm a heathen, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back