October 2013 Results RELEASED

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve heard rumor that the states post your license information on their “lookup” search engine before releasing the results to the NCEES. Any truth to this, how long beforehand, and does California do this?
According to this article: http://ncees.org/about-ncees/news/update-on-october-2012-exam-results/, last year, NCEES released the results to the states on Dec. 12. From what I've seen on this forum, the notification emails were sent on the same day. So all the rumors that you can find out if you passed from the state website are just rumors.

The only way to find out if you passed, before you get the email, is to keep checking the NCEES website. They have to post the results and make sure they are displayed correctly before they sent the notification emails. So you can probably find out if you passed a few hours before you get the email.

The only way to find out if you passed, before you get the email, is to keep checking the NCEES website. They have to post the results and make sure they are displayed correctly before they sent the notification emails. So you can probably find out if you passed a few hours before you get the email.

I'm pretty sure palvarez83 already said that?

Right. But each state has to give the ncees permission to notify the candidates. And in some cases, so of the states u time a third party company (PCS) to validate the scores, and notify the ncees that it is ok to post the scores and again contact the candidates. This slows the notification process by a few days. And then there are States where they still only notify via mail which delays things by weeks. So checking the states license page is beneficial in so cases.

I found out through my state license lookup before getting any letters... but that was back in Jan of 2007, NCEES didn't have an online lookup option then. When I found out I passed the Fundamentals of Surveying exam in 2010, I found out by checking NCEES online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's to all not getting the diagnostic :bananalama: :bananalama: :bananalama: :bananalama: :bananalama: :bananalama: :bananalama: :bananalama:

Good luck everyone

OH MY GOD IS IT THE SECOND WEEK OF DECEMBER YET?

Seriously. Raise, stamp, etc aside, I just want to know either way! As the great Tom Petty once sang, "The waaaaaaiiiiting is the hardest part"

OH MY GOD IS IT THE SECOND WEEK OF DECEMBER YET?

Seriously. Raise, stamp, etc aside, I just want to know either way! As the great Tom Petty once sang, "The waaaaaaiiiiting is the hardest part"

Ya, and as bad as it is now, I imagine it's going to be even worse in the final days leading up to the results.

I want my results now!! :madgo:

I've been anxious, but keeping it under control. Last night while talking to my boss he started asking when we find out saying he is anxious to find out which of us passed. So that didn't help.

^ wow. Generally don't see that many in the same electrical group. Consulting/MEP firm or something?

And just wait until that first state releases results. Productivity for everyone else goes right out the window that day.

^ wow. Generally don't see that many in the same electrical group. Consulting/MEP firm or something?

And just wait until that first state releases results. Productivity for everyone else goes right out the window that day.

That is going to be the absolute worst!

That is going to be the absolute worst!

The good news for me (and my productivity), is I took it in Missouri, most of the other folks took Kansas. Based on some of the other threads, it looks like Missouri tends to be a couple days faster just because of the online vs mail delivery.

I agree with snickerd3...your boss should not be doing that...sounds very frustrating!

I told no one at work when I took it so it was a surprise to all

Enjoy your holidays, don't let the wait ruin them...if you are PA it won't be until January sometime (sorry)

Back