October 2007

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
31+ days so far

Truthfully, I haven't thought much about it but I'm guessing that changes with everybody becoming nutso once some idea of dates comes out and the first states start reporting. That's based on the fact that on 6/27/2007 882 users were on EB

If you're really bored, I theorize that the raw scores are sitting there somewhere on NCEES' website - free to look at if we only knew the URL....

31+ days so far
Truthfully, I haven't thought much about it but I'm guessing that changes with everybody becoming nutso once some idea of dates comes out and the first states start reporting. That's based on the fact that on 6/27/2007 882 users were on EB

I was just thinking about this morning when I logged in how long it has been since we took the test. I wasn't very anxious right after the test, but the closer the dates for the results gets (with December looming over the horizon), I feel myself getting a bit more panicked.

^^^ Even the most resolute exam taker (except perhaps TMckeon) begins to second guess how well they might have done. I think it is just natural to get become more anxious as more time goes by because the details and assuredness become sketchier in your mind.

I would say that phenomena is similar to that of persons who witnessed a crime and then are shown contradicting information about the details - it invariably clouds thier memory. Hanging out at an engineering board listening to how others' felt they did on the same exam is really no different - it begins to cloud your memory which ultimately leads to doubt.

Hang in thier jen ... one more month. :)

JR

I second JR on this. The Confidence (Y axis) vs Time (X axis) graph has a negative slope.

What I learned was that if your level of confidence was high just after the test your chances of passing are greater than 80%.

I'm just assuming I phailed. That way, if I did, I'll be, "meh," and if I pass I'll be overjoyed.

I do have everybody rooting for me, though.

I second JR on this. The Confidence (Y axis) vs Time (X axis) graph has a negative slope.

Only an engineer would explain this in graphing terms.

Does it look like this:

2071214345_05a6fd6f28.jpg

^^^ You guys beat me to the punch of the graph!! :D

I was actually thinking of something with a few more inflection points that slowly dampened towards a central tendency as the limit approaches the END OF THE WAITING ....

quiz754x.png

I unfortunately have work to do today and cannot generate pretty graphs at this point :ph34r: :ph34r:

JR

^^^ You guys beat me to the punch of the graph!! :D
I was actually thinking of something with a few more inflection points that slowly dampened towards a central tendency as the limit approaches the END OF THE WAITING ....

quiz754x.png

I unfortunately have work to do today and cannot generate pretty graphs at this point :ph34r: :ph34r:

JR
Speak English JR, or Spanish. You went too deep on the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your guys are dead on. I left the Oct. 2006 exam feeling quite confident. There were a few questions I made guesses on, and when I got back home I looked up info and confirmed a handful of wrong ones. Couldn't remember more than that, though. Still, you would think I should have been confident. But then I started thinking about how the ones I was able to answer might have turned out to be wrong (tricked by units, whatever), and then I started thinking about how old I am, how long out of test taking practice I am, and pretty soon I began to think that there was actually a pretty good chance that I might have failed. Obsessing on EB didn't help alleviate that feeling, either, though it did help pass the time and was fun to commiserate.

In the end I passed, so I say BIO is correct - if you felt reasonably confident leaving the exam, then you are probably in good shape.

Speak English JR, or Spanish. You went too deep on the issue.
If I didn't major in engineering I would have wanted to be a mathematician. :true:

I was waiting for someone to pick up my piece and offer an equation of The Waiting as a function of time. Perhaps that is a bit too deep ... :poop:

I can't be the only person that puts concepts to graphs, charts, or figures?? :sniff: But then again, if I am going with graphics it is usually to spin out an excellent joke or pun. :asthanos:

JR

If I didn't major in engineering I would have wanted to be a mathematician. :true:
I was waiting for someone to pick up my piece and offer an equation of The Waiting as a function of time. Perhaps that is a bit too deep ... :poop:

I can't be the only person that puts concepts to graphs, charts, or figures?? :sniff: But then again, if I am going with graphics it is usually to spin out an excellent joke or pun. :asthanos:

JR
OK...OK...But let us keep it simple. Let it be a simple, easy, linear relationship.

I'll admit that I was all perky and okay back on October, with an attitude of "I could take it again and it wouldn't be that bad" and all that jazz.

This month I had a dream that I failed.

I'm not gonna make it to January...

My materials are still in the basket I took them in in my kitchen. They are mocking me.

BABY JESUS BRING RESULTS!!!!

Honestly, I think I'm to the point that I just keep taking the test until I pass. I don't think I could study another thing! The ones that I could have missed were mainly the lookup problems, and those tend to be random, and not really something you would know, or be able to study....so I think we're just going to have to hope it's behind us!!! I have a good feeling about it, so maybe it's not going to even be an issue.
I thought you can only take the test 3 times? Or is that dependent on the state?

Why does it take so long for the results? They are all electronically graded now!

It depends on the state, but after so many tries you have to show that you've taken prep classes, etc to test again.

Latest posts

Back