Oct. 2018 PE Exam Results will come out ------

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like I'm in a weird calm before the storm stage. Bliss, numb, not worried, life sucks it is what it is. (Pertaining to the exam only). I guess that could be a subphase of phase 4. If you worry yourself to the point of "There's no way I passed, I failed for sure" then you kind of stop worrying.

So this email that is coming from NCEES...they don't tell you the result in the email?

I've tried NCEES once or twice, just am tired of seeing "result pending".  I'm over that site.  Just gonna wait until somebody reports a result here.  The NCEES dudes are all like Montgomery Burns right now, at least that's the pic I have in my head.
They aren't "Monty Burns" evil.

However I do have exclusive webcam footage of the guy responsible for pressing the "release results" button

giphy.gif

So this email that is coming from NCEES...they don't tell you the result in the email?
Nope, just a link to log into the website to learn your results.

Which reminds me, I had like 2 weeks of despising the email sound/vibration on my phone, for fear of that f$%^ing email. You should know the pain of that shortly.

Nope, just a link to log into the website to learn your results.

Which reminds me, I had like 2 weeks of despising the email sound/vibration on my phone, for fear of that f$%^ing email. You should know the pain of that shortly.

madhuchakravarthula said:
Every time my phone vibrates am scared to look.
^yep, this

Saying you aren't in stage 5, is a symptom of being in stage 5.

You're thinking of the post-release phases (which I won't have a chance to post this cycle.) that's a whole other kind of anger.

There are 55 jurisdictions. Some states rely mostly on NCEES to deliver results. About 10 have their own site that they use, or make use of a third party like CTS or :pcs: .

But even then, each jurisdiction has their own database system for tracking applicants and licenses.
I feel like I need to rage-quit.  But I want to post more pictures in the baking thread...  And when I say I want to rage-quit...I mostly mean I need to go to the bathroom, but want to storm dramatically there to take a piss.

I wonder, the states that don't use NCEES for exam result delivery, do they tend to come out earlier or later?  I'm curious on how the delivery method may affect the email/notification.

And NYS is very tight-lipped about their database system.  You either need to call or email to get any information.  You can't just look it up to see if you're missing anything, which is a pain when you ralize your application is being held up because a single page is missing...

Anybody else getting overly excited when the refresh on the NCEES dashboard seems to take slightly longer than the last 800 times you refreshed? What phase is that?

Nobodies really commented on the typical time of day for results release.  Morning, noonish, or late afternoon?
11:17 am.  Iowa 364 days ago.

I just don't know why the pass rates for repeat-takers are so low.  Do they grade differently? 

NCEES PE exam pass rates: https://ncees.org/engineering/pe/pass-rates/ 
I would think that there are a large number of people who retake, and do not change anything in their study routine to increase the odds of passing.  And the people who were going to pass "easily" did it on the first try.

Do we just have to F5 in NCEES? I thought we  would receive an email notification saying the results are out. I remember getting one for FE. Will there be a delay between the results getting published and the time we receive the email?

Also, what about Texas? Does it release the result on day 1? Or does it take longer time in publishing the results?

Do we just have to F5 in NCEES? I thought we  would receive an email notification saying the results are out. I remember getting one for FE. Will there be a delay between the results getting published and the time we receive the email?
You don't HAVE to F5 on the NCEES website. If you state uses NCEES to report the results, you'll get an email telling you to log in for the results.

If there is a delay, it's probably minutes. 

Also, what about Texas? Does it release the result on day 1? Or does it take longer time in publishing the results?
You can check the past exam sub-forums to look at the map to figure it out. Someone also combined the data into a table over the last like 8 years of exams and then showed the average release date. I forget which sub-forum that lives in tho. 

Back