OCT 2016 exam pencil color will be... ???

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so this is weird.  Luckily I have friends who keep taking the exam and failing.  ;) So, I pretty much have every pencil for the last 4-5 years (since I passed).   Well, the color my theory would have predicted for Oct '16 would be green, right?  http://engineerboards.com/index.php?/topic/24750-i-almost-solved-the-ncees-pencil-color-equation-but-not-quite/ 

And we have had several confirmations that the pencil was green, right?  Well, I was delivered "my" Oct 2016 Pencil today and............................... it is black.  My friend took the exam in Pomona CA just like Klox23 who said he received a black pencil too.

This is bizarre, I don't think we have ever seen two different colors for the same administration, have we? 

I'll post a pic of it when I am at home.   

cc6aa7cd57bae324197470d8e6c1691c.jpg
my green pencil and attached eraser status, with my lonely eraser in the background that really wished he could be there with me.

Okay, so this is weird.  Luckily I have friends who keep taking the exam and failing.  [emoji6] So, I pretty much have every pencil for the last 4-5 years (since I passed).   Well, the color my theory would have predicted for Oct '16 would be green, right?  http://engineerboards.com/index.php?/topic/24750-i-almost-solved-the-ncees-pencil-color-equation-but-not-quite/ And we have had several confirmations that the pencil was green, right?  Well, I was delivered "my" Oct 2016 Pencil today and............................... it is black.  My friend took the exam in Pomona CA just like Klox23 who said he received a black pencil too.

This is bizarre, I don't think we have ever seen two different colors for the same administration, have we? 

Those with black pencils will have their results invalidated.

do they say october 2016 and are black? crazinessssssssssss

or

maybe everyone in CA is colorblind and they're really the dark green. ;)  

Those with black pencils will have their results invalidated.
Great, I encourage my friends to keep failing so that I may request their pencil(s) each time they re-take the exam. 

do they say october 2016 and are black? crazinessssssssssss

or

maybe everyone in CA is colorblind and they're really the dark green. ;)  
Yes Oct '16, yes black. 

Anyone else get a black pencil?  Anyone get a pencil other than black or green? 

Crap, now I need a green Oct '16 pencil  Anyone want to sell me one?

If I had gotten an extra on my way out I would send it to you fo free. I have a grand plan to frame the ones that I passed with. haha

Okay, so this is weird.  Luckily I have friends who keep taking the exam and failing.  ;) So, I pretty much have every pencil for the last 4-5 years (since I passed).   Well, the color my theory would have predicted for Oct '16 would be green, right?  http://engineerboards.com/index.php?/topic/24750-i-almost-solved-the-ncees-pencil-color-equation-but-not-quite/ 

And we have had several confirmations that the pencil was green, right?  Well, I was delivered "my" Oct 2016 Pencil today and............................... it is black.  My friend took the exam in Pomona CA just like Klox23 who said he received a black pencil too.

I can confirm that this test cycle, October 2016, had two different colored pencils.

The theory of the pencil is dying around here.

Latest posts

Back