NY PE Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
49/80 Construction Failed. This was my first time. Congrats to all who passed.

I need to study a heck of a lot more in Geo, Transportation, and Water for the morning. I did poorly in these areas about 37% in each.
I failed my first time as well, got a 50/80 so I hit the books hard the second time around and it paid off.. I'd say getting 49 right while getting a 37% in those areas is pretty good because there is a lot of room for improvement.

What materials did you study? What did the rest of your diagnostic report look like?

Friends,

Has any one received a notification e-mail from NCEES about the recent PE result?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not yet received an email and I also passed. I use yahoo mail, but I've gotten all other emails from NCEES with no problems. Strange!

I have not yet received an email and I also passed. I use yahoo mail, but I've gotten all other emails from NCEES with no problems. Strange!

Just called NCEES, and spoke with a coordinator. I was told that's NORMAL this year. Nothing to worry about, congrats!!!!

49/80 Construction Failed. This was my first time. Congrats to all who passed. I need to study a heck of a lot more in Geo, Transportation, and Water for the morning. I did poorly in these areas about 37% in each.
I failed my first time as well, got a 50/80 so I hit the books hard the second time around and it paid off.. I'd say getting 49 right while getting a 37% in those areas is pretty good because there is a lot of room for improvement. What materials did you study? What did the rest of your diagnostic report look like?
I am in Construction Management professionally although a couple of sections in the PM seem off to me. I must have made some stupid mistakes in the estimating and construction methods sections. I used the CERM, OSHA, ASD Steel Manual, my text books, and lots of sample problems. I was a structural emphasis in college so the highway, water resources, and soils were only one class each for me and I never practiced these professionally. I'm going to hit the books real hard on the sections that I received 50% and below and I should be good this April. ...... I hope! Plus I think I need to have a command of these to call myself a P.E.

Any suggested books or sample problems?

1 Construction 8 7 87 87.5%

2 Geotechnical 8 3 37 37.5%

3 Structural 8 6 75 75.0%

4 Transportation 8 3 37 37.5%

5 Water Resources & Environmental 8 4 50 50.0%

6 Earthwork Construction & Layout 4 2 50 50.0%

7 Estimating Quantities & Costs 7 4 57 57.1%

8 Construction Operations & Methods 6 2 33 33.3%

9 Scheduling 7 6 85 85.7%

10 Material Quality Control & Production 4 3 75 75.0%

11 Temporary Structures 5 4 80 80.0%

12 Worker - Health & Safety & Environment 3 3 100 100.0%

13 Other Topics 4 2 50 50.0%

For those that didn't receive an email, did you all update your profile recently?

Would be nice if NYS made this official.. Still no new license numbers entered..

yeah i've been checking NYS website too, probably they are all on vacation, maybe we will see some movement after the new years...

They are up to 090136 now... but it looks like all reciprocals for out of state folks. Maybe they need some additional process prior to entering the numbers for new PE's.... the NCEES letter did say to check the site in 3 weeks.... I just don't have the patience.

090138 and 090139 are up.Hopefully a flood of new numbers should be up there soon.

After failing three times before finally passing, I can attest that I'm much happier finding the results out earlier and having to wait for the actual license number as opposed to not fining out if you passed or failed until January as we used to in previous years.... NY may not be the most efficient, but they've definately improved.

That said.... get me my license number NY so that I can add the PE to my signature and officially get the promotion that I have coming.

Back