NFL 2017

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although the Yahoo feed for the London game Saturday morning was a disgrace.  Hopefully they get that back to regular TV because, being able to start football at 9am is nice, but on Yahoo it was almost unwatchable.
Glad I wasn't the only one who also noticed this! I just switched over to my NFL app since the Yahoo feed was pretty awful.

So that was a great ending to the Lions game ehhh?

Anyone from Detroit? How bad was call in radio this morning?  We are used to being on that side of the call ;)

Thanks for the reminder, had to change kickers as mine was on IR.  Swapping Dalton in for Ruthlessbooger this week.  Yeah, it's Dalton, but they're playing Cleveland, so...

Also, this should be the first game available via the Amazon Prime streaming service. Which isn't a concern this particular week since it will be broadcast locally.

Also, this should be the first game available via the Amazon Prime streaming service. Which isn't a concern this particular week since it will be broadcast locally.
Yep.  My Fire Stick was advertising it when it boots up.

I saw that as well so hopefully it will be there, of course I will be boycotting the game, I mean I will be helping my kids band out for "Thursday Night Lights" tonight since the Friday Game is tonight...

Didn't have to watch it on Prime because it was shown on our local CBS channel...in Cincinnati?  The last Thursday night game we got, but that was the horrid Bengals game so I expected it to be on one of our local channels.

We got the game on a local channel too... In San Francisco!

Man, that hit in the third quarter... I don't know the player, but he was basically unconscious on the field after that second GB player came literally crashing into him from the other side as he was already getting taken down by a different defender. Geez, that was awful to see. This is what makes me not like football. For heaven's sake, the guy's mouthguard went flying!

Apparently he regained consciousness after being taken to the hospital and had all feeling and control in all extremities... But seriously, that guy could have died right there on the field, let alone now later in life due to CTE.

Man, that hit in the third quarter... I don't know the player, but he was basically unconscious on the field after that second GB player came literally crashing into him from the other side as he was already getting taken down by a different defender. Geez, that was awful to see. This is what makes me not like football. For heaven's sake, the guy's mouthguard went flying!

Apparently he regained consciousness after being taken to the hospital and had all feeling and control in all extremities... But seriously, that guy could have died right there on the field, let alone now later in life due to CTE.
It was indeed pretty brutal and completely unnecessary. Press conferences after the game indicate that he is doing well but will continue to be monitored. The player at fault should have been ejected from the game IMHO for a stunt like that. 

giphy.gif

I think that second defender should have been ejected, and that he should get fined and suspended for a game or two (mainly because I don't feel that fines really teach anyone a lesson at this level of play, with all the money NFL players make). That was totally unnecessarily in my opinion.

So that was a great ending to the Lions game ehhh?

Anyone from Detroit? How bad was call in radio this morning?  We are used to being on that side of the call ;)
Late to the party... I don't usually bother watching the Lions, but my grandfather-in-law was visiting from Atlanta.  People were upset, but the reaction wasn't nearly as bad as I thought, but when you're a fan of a team like the Lions you've pretty much seen every way to lose a game.  Reactions ranged from, well that sucks, to hey, we ALMOST beat last year's NFC champion!

But I thought this was American Football, where you're supposed to hit the other players...

I'd just like to take a moment to thank Andy Dalton for his 35 fantasy point performance against the Browns.

I'd just like to take a moment to thank Andy Dalton for his 35 fantasy point performance against the Browns.
Cincinnati finally looked like an actual football team yesterday.  I am going to reserve final judgment until next week though, it was the Browns after all.  Kind of like winning first prize in a shit eating contest.

That was the only reason I started Dalton over Rapelessburger.

I think that second defender should have been ejected, and that he should get fined and suspended for a game or two (mainly because I don't feel that fines really teach anyone a lesson at this level of play, with all the money NFL players make). That was totally unnecessarily in my opinion.
Screenshot_20170929-175231.png

Back