NFL 2017

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
21083611_1501509759942679_6384801963423608190_o.jpg

I have yet to hear anybody say it was a dirty play.  Getting ridiculous when a specific player has to defend every tackle he makes when other teams *ahem*Steelers*ahem* make dirty plays all the time and the league doesn't say a word..  Wonder if he can file a discrimination suit against the NFL?
Technically, it was a legal hit. Completely unnecessary and stupid that he did it though. He hit the fullback for the sake of hitting him and was nowhere near the play. Is he targeted because of his past? Of course he is. All the more reason for him to not do stupid shit. 

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/08/nfl-bengals-chiefs-vontaze-burfict-dirty-hit-suspension

IMO, if he can't do anything except hit people, he probably shouldn't be in the league. Just a thug with the IQ of a rock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next expansion team - the London Silly Nannies?

British_Silly_Nannies.jpg

Ummmm, yeah. This is American football...you're supposed to hit people. 
American football - the version that requires the players to be wrapped up with pads and protective gear so they don't hurt themselves...  :p   I've actually started following rugby here in NZ. Very similar to football except there aren't the constant stoppages, no pads, and it's all played by guys who would be NFL linebackers. Very hard hitting and fast paced.

There's a time and a place for hitting other players. Laying out a running back that is nowhere near the play is not one of them.

American football - the version that requires the players to be wrapped up with pads and protective gear so they don't hurt themselves...  :p   I've actually started following rugby here in NZ. Very similar to football except there aren't the constant stoppages, no pads, and it's all played by guys who would be NFL linebackers. Very hard hitting and fast paced.

There's a time and a place for hitting other players. Laying out a running back that is nowhere near the play is not one of them.
I like Aussie Rules Football better.

It was a pass play.  Running back was running a passing route across the middle within 2 yards of the LOS.  Hit him at the time the ball was thrown shoulder-to-shoulder.  Perfectly legitimate hit.

Burfect should ask to be traded to the Steelers.  Then he wouldn't have to worry bout getting called for illegal hits or any more suspensions/fines.

Dex let me know next time you are in town and want to show me a "rugby tackle"

(Someone threw a piece of paper on me!)

that's still not the same thing as a full speed hit.

but I mean I want YOU to try and do the rugby tackle and not in a :wub:  way either...

We played some when I was overseas.  The Celts Rugby Football Club sent some stuff over.  They cleared an old mine field for one of my projects so we had a clear place to play for a few weeks.  Of course once construction started, we found out that they hadn't done such a good job of clearing the mines.  Oh well...no limbs lost.

Dsc_0203.jpg

Dsc_0188.jpg

Cause Elway sucks at draft picks and it is probably (financially) the best Backup QB option after they cut Paxton Lynch in a few weeks when he gets off the injury list?

Latest posts

Back