NFL 2014

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was on NBC.

that's what I said? we don't have any tv at all, just internet. It was cool that we could stream it, but we just got the same 2-3 commercials over and over. Sounds like we didn't miss much...
Ah. I have rabbit ears and was able to watch it. Was just confused what "cable" had to do with it.

Manzel enters Rehab today! I wonder how much guaranteed money the browns have wasted on this guy..

Another thing that has always bothered me, and I wish I had the time to look at the statistics. But related to head coach hiring.

& I just want to say up front that I am neither a Seahawks or Pat’s fans so this question is just being asked for the sake of asking and not being asked an excuse for the Hawks 4th quarter defensive shortcomings.

So it was announced that Quinn is the new Falcons Head Coach today. How focused do you think he really was on this super bowl if a good deal of his brain was focused on what his next job is going to undertake, knowing it probably starts the day after the super bowl. I know you don’t ever want to “deny” someone the opportunity to be a Head Coach, but If I was a current Owner or Head Coach I wouldn’t want my staff interviewing for any jobs until after the super bowl. I don’t see what harm it would make if you told teams that you have to wait to interview prospective coaches who are still alive in the playoffs- I wouldn’t even let them interview during bye weeks cause you know it does have an impact on their phsyci.

This has always sort of bothered me over the years, I’d love to have the time to research this and see what percentage of teams whose “hot” assistant coach was in line to be the next head coach somewhere else and if their team won or lost the super bowl?

yeah that would be interesting to look at Road Guy. i'm sure his head was partially on his next position in Atlanta. i don't know if that affected the game at all though. one thing i do know, the seahawks had absolutely no answer to those swing passes to Vareen.

Most teams prohibit their coaching staff from interviewing until after their season is complete.

It was on NBC.

that's what I said? we don't have any tv at all, just internet. It was cool that we could stream it, but we just got the same 2-3 commercials over and over. Sounds like we didn't miss much...
Ah. I have rabbit ears and was able to watch it. Was just confused what "cable" had to do with it.
I was wondering the same. Doesn't everyone have a set of rabbit ears packed away in the basement somewhere? LOL

I don't think its a team decision, I think the League says that Assistant Coaches can interview for a position if its a promotion during the bye week (which is when Quinn interviewed) But that no other interviews are allowed after the division round. However you know that phone calls happen, and distractions occur..

It was on NBC.

I was wondering the same. Doesn't everyone have a set of rabbit ears packed away in the basement somewhere? LOL

We have some but depending on where you live, they don't always work...

It was on NBC.

We have some but depending on where you live, they don't always work...

We don't have any, but I'm not sure they would work. The network stations are broadcast from somewhere about 2 hours away and we live in a bowl, surrounded by hills and trees. I haven't used an antenna since I was in high school and we had to turn a big dial thing to make one of the 3 stations we could get come in. Is it still like that?

no they are all digital these days, and areas outside of the flatlands (hills and trees) they don't work so well...

I had one in Atlanta that got next to nothing but here I can get TV all the way to Wyoming (since its so flat and there are very little trees). I use it in my garage for football and it works really well,

If I had the time I would rig up my tv to swtich to the digital antenna for football games since the picture is 100X better. But most of the good games are usually on ESPN

^^^ ESPN only shows Monday Night Football, and this year's games weren't that good.

your forget that for some of us there are other football games that are played on Saturday and Thursdays...

This is f'ed up:

10956204_1041629145854310_3733318009074974142_n.jpg

so maybe we can all research teams we know..

in 2011 then OC Mike Malarkey led the Falcons to a first round playoff loss versus the 49'ers before becoming the Jag's HC

Banned Bud Light commercial. This should be right up RG's alley.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mNjTO0agJ0

Back