NEW YORK - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They stopped at last names starting with Ba for over 40 minutes now... Mine starts with Be.. This really is bad.. Did these guys go out to lunch or something ??

They stopped at last names starting with Ba for over 40 minutes now... Mine starts with Be.. This really is bad.. Did these guys go out to lunch or something ??
It's a union job... they can't work too hard today, because it would make them look bad all the other days when they do little to no work at all!!! Don't forget these guys had a butget cut already!!! They need to save work for tomorrow anyway.

when they enter your name they also prepare your paper license and get your pretty wall certificate all printed out on the special "parchment" and then prepare the large envelope and mail it all out. My name showed up on the site (fri) and then i got the packet in the mail the next working day (Mon).

That may be why it takes a few minutes to enter each name.

Someone at the state told me that they are doing licenses for all professions too, nurses, teachers, manicurists, architects, ....etc.

she said they use to have a staff of 10 people, but now there is 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have been a manicurist .. That doesn't sound too bad right now..

at this pace of entering information, anybody with a last name after E should not be looking at the website today .. Leave work early and go for a swim or something guys...

NY makes real fun to be an engineer.

This is what Chris from Castle informed me.

"We received approval today to release the results. Our Operations Department will be in the process of folding and stuffing the envelopes over the next day or two with the expectation of them going in the mail thereafter. Thanks for your patience."

This is what Chris from Castle informed me.
"We received approval today to release the results. Our Operations Department will be in the process of folding and stuffing the envelopes over the next day or two with the expectation of them going in the mail thereafter. Thanks for your patience."
That translates to letters by Friday!!

In this day and age you would think that folding and stuffing large quantities of envelopes would be automated :screwloose:

Syracuse had 100-150 or so taking the April 09 exam (didn't count).

Thats about right, i think I was number like 109 or so.

Was weird finishing earlier than a lot of the other people there for the FE electrical though, hope I passed.

Thats about right, i think I was number like 109 or so.

Was weird finishing earlier than a lot of the other people there for the FE electrical though, hope I passed.
I was talking abt the PE exam at the state fairgrounds. FE may have been different place, different numbers. I didn't notice if that group also included the surveyors.

(Good luck, by the way....)

This is great, if we assume 800 took the test in NY, 50% first takers and 50% repeats, chance are 65% of the first takers will pass and 35% of the repeats. so about 400 will get registered in NY...

They added 13 to the website today.. So it will take these hard working clerks 30 work day to finish everyone ... I feel like driving to Albany and kicking some doors or something ... :suicide1: :suicide1: :deadhorse:

It seems like anyone after the letter D or E will be recieving the letter before getting posted on the website. That is unless they actually do some work today.

They posted 20 new names in about 1 hour!!! Great job NYSED keep it up :holyness:
yes they did but now they stopped again. also they are not in alphabetic order.

i am having a heart attack here . good luck everyone

yes they did but now they stopped again. also they are not in alphabetic order.i am having a heart attack here . good luck everyone
I am not from NY but I would be surprised to see if a state worker would work two hours continuous! 20 names in one hour is a lot of work!! He may take rest of the morning off!!!

Back