New York Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations....still waiting for mine. Did you apply and take the exam in NY?
Yes. Applied in NY using the old fashioned forms and took the exam here in the NYC area. I also live and work here.

You might be seeing your number next week or week after next before July 4th, hopefully. Definitely give a call after the 8 week mark if you get nothing.

Yes. Applied in NY using the old fashioned forms and took the exam here in the NYC area. I also live and work here.

You might be seeing your number next week or week after next before July 4th, hopefully. Definitely give a call after the 8 week mark if you get nothing.
Would you be able to tell me when you initially submitted your paperwork to be approved for the PE? I'm guessing they prioritize the licenses depending on when the applicant submitted his application or when he was approved. Thanks.

Would you be able to tell me when you initially submitted your paperwork to be approved for the PE? I'm guessing they prioritize the licenses depending on when the applicant submitted his application or when he was approved. Thanks.
I submitted the forms around January 2018 then got a letter from them dated April 05, 2018 (go figure) saying I was approved to take the PE. So, I took the October 2018 exam but didn't pass unfortunately. I re-took it in April 2019 and passed. From the result notice to the license was about 6 weeks.

I submitted the forms around January 2018 then got a letter from them dated April 05, 2018 (go figure) saying I was approved to take the PE. So, I took the October 2018 exam but didn't pass unfortunately. I re-took it in April 2019 and passed. From the result notice to the license was about 6 weeks.
Man, we are on the same timeline...so it can't be based on when the forms were approved.

Man, we are on the same timeline...so it can't be based on when the forms were approved.
Yes. I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to the addition of licenses and approval. They definitely just have a big pile of applications. Whomever passes the exam they just take from the pile and add them into the system. Doesn't seem by date applied, alphabetical order, etc.

The wait is tough but I'm sure you'll be added soon.

The wait is so stressful. Every time my name comes up blank I feel so disappointed.

image.png

I don't think they go in alphabetical order. My last name starts with "W" and I just got mine and they're still adding.
There was talk that it was alphabetical, but it's been all over the place. Like others have said, I'm not really concerned until it gets beyond the 8 week window.

Last name 'W' here. It's been (6) weeks but if you count the studying it's been (6) months. Actually tomorrow I have an interview for a PE position. It's going to be awkward to say "I passed the exam but I don't have a PE# yet".  They probably gonna tell me to go home.

Oh man.  This is just like how it was following the October 2018 results.  Started uploading - site crashed - trickle of uploads - then around 10/15 licenses a day - jumping around the last names (mostly reciprocity) and then I got my actual number in March 2019.

Good luck everyone!  It is coming; NYSDOE just drags their feet a little bit!

Oh man.  This is just like how it was following the October 2018 results.  Started uploading - site crashed - trickle of uploads - then around 10/15 licenses a day - jumping around the last names (mostly reciprocity) and then I got my actual number in March 2019.

It took a while but it didn't take 18 months. More like 6 weeks.

You got your license in March but you passed in October? That's ridiculous.

It took a while but it didn't take 18 months. More like 6 weeks.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh...October 2018 to March 2019 isn't 18-months?  Plus, results from NCEES were released December 2018, so it was a solid 3-month period before NYSDOE license number came in for me, at least from the last round.  My license issue is dated something like March 3, 2019, which is when it was entered in the system and valid.

@Gsurface 3-months isn't that bad, for NYS.  I mean, considering how long it usually takes for the review/approval, I'm just happy I got the number without any issues.  I've gotten used to waiting around 2-months+ for anything to do with the state, having working with a ton of the regulatory agencies/alphabet land, so 3-months isn't too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh...October 2018 to March 2019 isn't 18-months?  Plus, results from NCEES were released December 2018, so it was a solid 3-month period before NYSDOE license number came in for me, at least from the last round.  My license issue is dated something like March 3, 2019, which is when it was entered in the system and valid.

@Gsurface 3-months isn't that bad, for NYS.  I mean, considering how long it usually takes for the review/approval, I'm just happy I got the number without any issues.  I've gotten used to waiting around 2-months+ for anything to do with the state, having working with a ton of the regulatory agencies/alphabet land, so 3-months isn't too bad.
Thanks for the feedback...it's craziness how long they take. Not a single license posted today again.

You left out the part where it only happened after you called and played dumb.

It is coming; NYSDOE just drags their feet a little bit!
Anchor-dragging-man-300x214.jpg

or

smiling-businessman-relaxing-feet-over-260nw-141346663.jpg

Back