New MyNCEES

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new system will linked your legacy records. Once you are ready to transmit they will migrate the records over and asked you for updates etc...

As far as I know, you don't have to pay yearly fee to maintenance the records anymore and yearly updates unless you are sending request for comity

The new system will linked your legacy records. Once you are ready to transmit they will migrate the records over and asked you for updates etc...

As far as I know, you don't have to pay yearly fee to maintenance the records anymore and yearly updates unless you are sending request for comity
That's the part that I don't completely understand.  Why not just migrate them over now without the transmittal request?  Because in effect, they are basically charging you $75 to migrate your record.  At the present time I have no need to obtain licensure in another jurisdiction and therefore do not require a record transmittal. But I still used to have the ability to check the status of my record with the old website.  Currently I don't even see how I can look up any of my existing record info other than the brief info shown under "Existing Linked Accounts" where it lists ID, Designation, and Name. :dunno:  

That's the part that I don't completely understand.  Why not just migrate them over now without the transmittal request?  Because in effect, they are basically charging you $75 to migrate your record.  At the present time I have no need to obtain licensure in another jurisdiction and therefore do not require a record transmittal. But I still used to have the ability to check the status of my record with the old website.  Currently I don't even see how I can look up any of my existing record info other than the brief info shown under "Existing Linked Accounts" where it lists ID, Designation, and Name. :dunno:  
I know right...luckily I have it all mine save during the initial submission, part of it I like it because it eliminate the yearly updates and maintenance cost but you just can't see your own record! 

Is there a way to track the NCEES standard without adding a state board?  For example, my state doesn't require PDH.  Can I just track to the NCEES standard?

Follow up question, is it smart to track PDH for the rare chance that I might want to gain licensure in another state that does require PDH?

Is there a way to track the NCEES standard without adding a state board?  For example, my state doesn't require PDH.  Can I just track to the NCEES standard?

Follow up question, is it smart to track PDH for the rare chance that I might want to gain licensure in another state that does require PDH?

I think there are (2) things being confused here.  

The first is the MyNCEES account which handles logistics for exams and now also apparently offers to maintain PDHs for no fee that I am aware of.  And they even generate a report that you can have sent to the corresponding state board (though I wonder what address/P.O. Box and attention to they use).  I tested this even though my report was blank since I had not entered any info into the appropriate CEC section.

The second item is the NCEES Record account. Which has now been merged with the MyNCEES account. Even though it is merged, it still functions in a separate manner.  You can have your record submitted to a state board for licensure by comity.  The very first request being $175 and each subsequent request thereafter being $75.  Thankfully I've already had my record submitted previously so any future state licenses I wish to obtain should only cost me $75 per submission.  However, according to the information I read, my "legacy" Record won't fully be integrated into MyNCEES account until which time I initiate a new record submittal request.  Which seems counter-productive as I can't see any good way of updating any of my current info.  As I mentioned earlier, it will be interesting to see how they handle the annual renewals going forward with the new interface.

That's my understanding of the new configuration at this time.
That's my understanding. they won't move it until we initiate the transmission! 

I would expect that if you gain licensure in a state that requires continuing education, that requirement would begin when you obtained licensure there, not before.  In NYS, you're actually exempt from the continuing education requirement for your first renewal period, even if you didn't just take the exam.  I think PA is the same.

Back