New MyNCEES

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ARG.

I have my "legacy" NCEES Record linked to my account but I need to do kinda start from scratch if I want this now.

Kinda sucks for us old folk. 

Well I guess we'll see what happens when I'm up for renewal.  I also have my legacy account "linked" but from the email I received, I believe I would actually have to pay for and request a record transmittal for the update process to actually be initiated.  Seems somewhat poorly planned, at least for the legacy users.  Unless maybe the migration is still being planned down the road.  Because I can tell you I don't plan to be submitting any record requests just so that it can be updated in the new system.  <sigh>

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you can just use this and then upload it to your State. 
Interesting.  I wonder how the documents would be compiled for use of the "Send to Board" function.  As I mentioned for WI specifically, I presume they will be looking for that Excel file upon initiating an audit.  Otherwise, it's essentially an "on your honor" system.

EDIT:  I see that they have noted for certain states:   "Indicates the board accepts the NCEES CPC Standard"

Which I interpret to be some pre-defined NCEES format as a way to compile all PDHs and corresponding certificates.  WI is not part of the list.

Untitled.png

what was the annual fee before?  did they charge a fee to release to the states or was that covered by the annual fee?
The annual renewal fee was $25 and you needed to submit a revised PE reference each time.  You also needed to list your most recent project work that counted toward one's qualifying engineering experience.

someone who recently graduated from college with a Liberal Arts degree, usually in Theatre, Music, Anthropology, etc..
And who takes 1/2 days and/or "works" from home. :thumbs:

So it's free to use the CPC service, I know that since I didn't pay to start it. But it's $175 to submit your CEU's the first year? If not, what's the $175 for?

So it's free to use the CPC service, I know that since I didn't pay to start it. But it's $175 to submit your CEU's the first year? If not, what's the $175 for?
I think there are (2) things being confused here.  

The first is the MyNCEES account which handles logistics for exams and now also apparently offers to maintain PDHs for no fee that I am aware of.  And they even generate a report that you can have sent to the corresponding state board (though I wonder what address/P.O. Box and attention to they use).  I tested this even though my report was blank since I had not entered any info into the appropriate CEC section.

The second item is the NCEES Record account. Which has now been merged with the MyNCEES account. Even though it is merged, it still functions in a separate manner.  You can have your record submitted to a state board for licensure by comity.  The very first request being $175 and each subsequent request thereafter being $75.  Thankfully I've already had my record submitted previously so any future state licenses I wish to obtain should only cost me $75 per submission.  However, according to the information I read, my "legacy" Record won't fully be integrated into MyNCEES account until which time I initiate a new record submittal request.  Which seems counter-productive as I can't see any good way of updating any of my current info.  As I mentioned earlier, it will be interesting to see how they handle the annual renewals going forward with the new interface.

That's my understanding of the new configuration at this time.

I've been saving that for 10 years since I never created an account :)   So my economic opportunity savings so far is $250.

If work needs me to get licensed in another state we have admins who send out the paperwork and pay the fee's..  I think Texas and a few others require the ncees account, which is foolish IMO..

I wouldn't give these morons any more information about you then they already have..

Sadly no, in Texas you have to use NCEES, normally I like the way Texas governs though..

Man screw that. It's cheaper for me to just apply to AZ directly with just slightly more work. 

I'm a tad confused. Is there a reason why after under "exam and license verification" it is still highlighted and yellow instead of green even though I have a verified license and verified exam? Is there something else I need to do?

Back