New Movie Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you guys suggest some of the good, light movies that my wife can enjoy.. She is bored with "heavy" movies that involve heists, action,... The other day she was watching "What Women Want" on TBS (??) and said she liked it...!!!!!!!!!!

Can you guys suggest some of the good, light movies that my wife can enjoy.. She is bored with "heavy" movies that involve heists, action,... The other day she was watching "What Women Want" on TBS (??) and said she liked it...!!!!!!!!!!
Schindler's List

Last edited by a moderator:
I took my son to see Wall-E yesterday. It was great! :thumbs:

Wall-E was the only movie I got to see during vacation, and I was very impressed. I liked the first part better than the rest of it, but overall it was still a very good film. It was a bit like Idiocracy, but with a somewhat different future outcome.

If your wife like "what women want" then try...

Thirteen going on Thirty

Never been Kissed

50 First Dates

You've Got Mail

Hope Floats

Most of them are chick flicks with comedy and romance kind of mixed together but are pretty PG-13, and my hubby will tolerate most of them if we haven't watched them in a while.

One that he won't tolerate that I thought was good... The Princess Diaries (It's such a cute movie!)

So far in the past few days I've watched Man of the House (pretty predictable 80's movie), Superbad (I don't recommend this to even thouse who liked Knocked Up... it's all about the cussing with those guys), Juno (chick flick and pretty slow moving), Scary Movie 4, Kickin it Old School, oh the list goes on and on.....

I caught 10,000 BC & Jumper recently on pay-per-view

I thought 10,000 BC was epic - gripping story line, characters you really felt for - just way better than i initially thought it would be.

Jumper was ok - kinda a silly premise, immature characters - it was just alright

Also just watched the King Kong remake (Jack Black, Tea Leoni) last nite - very entertaining - typ of a Peter Jackson (LOTR) movie, incredible computer graphics.

Please present your man card for immediate revocation.

Ha, wifey is preggers, so I really didn't have a choice. Man law #58 allows me to keep my card anyways:

"58. It is acceptable for a man to break man laws, if no other option is humanly possible, in the pursuit of the opposite sex. His actions will be given leeway."

^^I still think you violated that particular man law, because, by definition, the "pursuit" is over once you start calling her "wifey." She's all yours now, you don't have to break the rules anymore.

Ha, wifey is preggers, so I really didn't have a choice. Man law #58 allows me to keep my card anyways:
"58. It is acceptable for a man to break man laws, if no other option is humanly possible, in the pursuit of the opposite sex. His actions will be given leeway."
Assuming the child is yours, it would seem that you have already managed to 'conclude' your pursuit and thus rule 58 no longer an acceptable justification for your actions.

I watched Borat last night. It was, as I expected, a waste of 1 1/2 hours of my life. I didn't know that Borat was the guy who played Jean Girrard in Talledega Nights. I think he's pretty good. The more times I watch Ricky Bobby the funnier I find it. Same thing with Idiocracy, I was initially skeptical but that movie now rates as one of my favorites (mainly because I'm convinced that given the current state of the world I really believe that's where society is heading).

Wait, you like money? I like money, too. We should hang out.

If your wife like "what women want" then try...
Thirteen going on Thirty

Never been Kissed

50 First Dates

You've Got Mail

Hope Floats

Most of them are chick flicks with comedy and romance kind of mixed together but are pretty PG-13, and my hubby will tolerate most of them if we haven't watched them in a while.

One that he won't tolerate that I thought was good... The Princess Diaries (It's such a cute movie!)

So far in the past few days I've watched Man of the House (pretty predictable 80's movie), Superbad (I don't recommend this to even thouse who liked Knocked Up... it's all about the cussing with those guys), Juno (chick flick and pretty slow moving), Scary Movie 4, Kickin it Old School, oh the list goes on and on.....
thanks for that info. I will look in to these. Did he really watch that one with you?? Tell me No. The name itself is.....

so you dont think WilL Ferrel will be Tom Hanks one day?

me neither
He was actually pretty good in Stranger Than Fiction. As for the rest of his movies, I agree - same character again and again and again. Semi-Pro had about three good laughs in it. Aside from that it was torture.

Went to see Inglorious basterds this afternoon. Warning, 80% of the movie is subtitled, so unless you understand german and french remember to bring your glasses. A little messed up, but a very typical Quentin terintino flick. Lots of blood and goriness like the kill bill movies.

Went to see Inglorious basterds this afternoon. Warning, 80% of the movie is subtitled, so unless you understand german and french remember to bring your glasses. A little messed up, but a very typical Quentin terintino flick. Lots of blood and goriness like the kill bill movies.
I saw that one last weekend. I loved Brad Pitt in it but the rest really didn't do it for me. I thought that much like most Tarrantino films it was excessively bloody, not that it really mattered that much to me, it just could have probably got the same plot across with a little less grossness. I also thought it was pretty slow in a lot of places and it felt pretty long. In my opinion, not a good enough film to pay theatre prices.

I saw that one last weekend. I loved Brad Pitt in it but the rest really didn't do it for me. I thought that much like most Tarrantino films it was excessively bloody, not that it really mattered that much to me, it just could have probably got the same plot across with a little less grossness. I also thought it was pretty slow in a lot of places and it felt pretty long. In my opinion, not a good enough film to pay theatre prices.
I agree it wasn't worth theatre prices, but I did like it. I am a bit of a Tarantino fan, and I thought Pitt was pretty funny, just not $20 for 2 people kinda funny. I would recommend waiting for Netflix...

I agree it wasn't worth theatre prices, but I did like it. I am a bit of a Tarantino fan, and I thought Pitt was pretty funny, just not $20 for 2 people kinda funny. I would recommend waiting for Netflix...
see we only paid $4/person, so it wasn't too bad. But yeah not really worth a $20 for 2 people movie.

Back