New Movie Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never heard of a library carrying Penthouse forum. I think the subscription is probably cheaper than $80/yr though.

A lot of that $80 a year is replacement costs. You know, from all the pages being stuck together.

I saw District 9 with mudpuppy and FMJR over the weekend. I am still not sure what I think.

FMJR says that I must repay my bad taste in movies by taking her to see The Time Traveller's Wife.

JR

I'm a huge Coen Brothers fan and I thought Burn After Reading sucked. Brad Pitt was pretty funny but the plot totally sucked. Some of the CIA dialogue was humorous. All in all I thought it was a pretty disappointing flick. I was expecting something awesome after No Country For Old Men which was totally awesome.
I think the CIA dialog was worth the price of admission. That totally made the movie for me.

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist was infinitely boring.

I still haven't seen No Country for Old Men, which is really suprirsing because I am a fan of both the Coen brothers and the author of the book (but can't seem to remember his name right now!).
Cormac McCarthy. The Road was another one of his books being made into a movie.

His lack of quotation marks just vexes the English teacher in me.

Sticking a cactus up his butt would probably be less painful than having to sit through that movie.
i had to take my wife to see the time traveler's wife after district 9. yeah, it's pretty rough.

i saw pandorum on saturday. if you like science fiction and can handle some disturbing imagery, go see it. it is very entertaining.

Cormac McCarthy. The Road was another one of his books being made into a movie.
His lack of quotation marks just vexes the English teacher in me.
Ah, thanks. Did you read Blood Meridian? Disturbing. I'm surprised no one has picked that one up as a movie yet, but it wouldn't be very fun. Just ultra-violent.

Never even heard of it. I'll have to look at Amazon.

I was pi$$ed that they cut the Hemicuda out of the movie.

Wow. our mcdonalds was giving coupons codes for free red box rentals. We red boxed Men who stare at goats...glad i didn't even spend $1 on it.

The funniest part was near the end when they spiked the eggs and water tank with LSD.

Wow. our mcdonalds was giving coupons codes for free red box rentals. We red boxed Men who stare at goats...glad i didn't even spend $1 on it.
The funniest part was near the end when they spiked the eggs and water tank with LSD.
I agree. also dont waste your time on observe and report. just not funny. Hot tub time machine, however, was hilarious.

Saw "How to Train Your Dragon" with the kids over Spring break. Wonderfully cute movie, well done, good story, great graphics, and multiple overlayed themes. There's the standard Kid-and-His-Loyal-Pet theme for the kids, the My-Parents-Just-Don't-Understand theme for teens, the Father/Son-Relational-theme for parents, and the Vikings-Kicking-Arse theme for everyone who loves to see Vikings kicking arse.

We saw it in 3D, which was cool, but not $12/kid cool.

Back