New Movie Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
watched "Meet the Spartans" last night... I know it's not supposed to be a "good" movie.... but still... it could've at least been funny......

Anyone else interested in "9"?

looks interesting, but a little creppy at the same time. We would go see it this weekend, but we have wedding to go to.
i guess you mean "district 9"? its Ok. very unique story line and good acting. ended kind of lame though.

watched "Meet the Spartans" last night... I know it's not supposed to be a "good" movie.... but still... it could've at least been funny......

Anyone else interested in "9"?
I thought Meet the Spartans was great. My wife hated the movie with a capital HATE.

I am definately interested in "9" (no, not District 9, but I am curious about that as well), but I think I will probably wait for it to come out on Netflix.

Rented "Burn After Reading" this weekend because some friends recommended it and the guy at the movie place said it was one of his all time favorite movies.

I thought it was slow and not nearly as funny as people had made it out to be. Eh. Pretty disappointing.

I think I'll go see 9. Looks like one of those movies that will be better on the big screen.

I was disappointed in "burn after reading" as well. Slow and not very interesting. I'm curious about "9", but will wait for Netflix.

the only movie i really want to see is the Alice in wonderland with johny depp but I have know idea when it comes out.

I watched the new Rambo the other week, and I have to say it was actually pretty good.

I saw Extract (made by the guy who made Office Space). It was rather depressing but not a bad movie.

I'm a huge Coen Brothers fan and I thought Burn After Reading sucked. Brad Pitt was pretty funny but the plot totally sucked. Some of the CIA dialogue was humorous. All in all I thought it was a pretty disappointing flick. I was expecting something awesome after No Country For Old Men which was totally awesome.

I still haven't seen No Country for Old Men, which is really suprirsing because I am a fan of both the Coen brothers and the author of the book (but can't seem to remember his name right now!).

I rented "Knowing" the other night and was surprised at just how depressing the ending was. Pretty stupid movie overall. Nicolas Cage is a terrible actor.

I still haven't seen No Country for Old Men, which is really suprirsing because I am a fan of both the Coen brothers and the author of the book (but can't seem to remember his name right now!).
I rented "Knowing" the other night and was surprised at just how depressing the ending was. Pretty stupid movie overall. Nicolas Cage is a terrible actor.
I liked "No Country..." a little slow at times, but it still kept my attention and the acting was great.

I went to the movies once this year, that satisfies my two year quota. I've read about 10 books though, so maybe I'm just a bookworm.
Its cheaper to go to the movies here than buy books. I love to read, but I refuse to spend money on a book I will only read once...and our little city library has close to nothing in regards to adult literature and would cost like $80/yr for a membership. maybe once the kid is older since the childrens section is decent.

The local place here is like $11.50 a ticket. And I just get bored at the movies generally and I'm not usually all that interested in what's playing.

Most paperbacks are less than that and will keep me busy for a couple weeks.

I did indulge myself and saw Star Trek in IMAX though. I'm a sci-fi geek.

Back