New Movie Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched Scarface for the first time a couple nights ago. A little brutal, but good :thumbs:

My wife and I really wanted to go to a movie lately, but didn't really see anything worth going to the trouble to get a babysitter lined up.

When reading a few reviews... Vantage Point sounded somewhat hollow. 10,000BC sounded like a cheap Discovery Channel and historically inaccurate waste of money.

I guess I can't wait until July 4th - isn't that when a lot of megga movies get released?

Hey roadwreck, is that the Mickey's FINE Malt LIquor bee in your avatar?

Hey roadwreck, is that the Mickey's FINE Malt LIquor bee in your avatar?
I didn't know there was such a thing until just now...

...so I guess the answer is no.

My avatar is Buzz (the Georgia Tech mascot) in his St. Patty's day get up.

Saw No Country for Old Men this weekend. I could definitely see why people were left confused by the ending. Read the book, it'll clear up and explain a lot.

Amatuers was a pretty funny independant comedy about a town that decides to make a pr0n movie.

I didn't know there was such a thing until just now...
...so I guess the answer is no.

My avatar is Buzz (the Georgia Tech mascot) in his St. Patty's day get up.

LIar!

mickeys-bee_Full.jpg

saw two the other day, We Own the Night -Not a bad movie, not a great one though, a little predictible.

Also saw Dan In Real Life, not really a comedy more of a whiney love story :(

^^Both those are on my Netflix queue. I think I might even have We Own the Night right now...

Watched See No Evil (2006) on cable last night. Typical B-type horror/gore filck with crazed mutant stalking teenagers in an abandoned building.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend it unless you like that type of movie and can watch it for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched Disturbia on cable the other night. Pretty good B-type suspense/horror movie.
If you liked that, you should see the movie it was based on--Hitchocock's Rear Window. Some say its Hitchcock's best film. If its not, its awfully close.

Rented Live Free or Die Hard last night. It was exciting.

So, on a "school night", I stayed up until 11:30 watching it. The kids have been real good about going to sleep and staying asleep, but last night, they decided to start getting up as 12AM, 3AM and 5AM. I'm running on fumes today.

Rented Live Free or Die Hard last night. It was exciting.
So, on a "school night", I stayed up until 11:30 watching it. The kids have been real good about going to sleep and staying asleep, but last night, they decided to start getting up as 12AM, 3AM and 5AM. I'm running on fumes today.
I'd turn down the Dolby surround sound for these movies while the kids are sleeping. LOL

I watched "The Passion of the Christ" on Good Friday. I had never seen it before. MY comments would be "Powerful" and "Realistic". I thought it was pretty well done.

I saw "In Bruges" at the theater over the weekend.

It was a FOOKIN good one! :thumbs:

it's about these two Irish hit men that are sent to this medieval city in Belgium to await thier next job. hijinks ensue

^^I heard about that one! I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

I saw "Vantage Point" at the theater last night. It was OK, but I am sure there are far better uses of $7 out in the theaters right now.

^^I heard about that one! I'll have to keep an eye out for it.
I saw "Vantage Point" at the theater last night. It was OK, but I am sure there are far better uses of $7 out in the theaters right now.
When I saw the first preview I saw for Vantage Point, my immediate thought was that Hollywood is done milking the sequels dry, now they are moving to foreign films and ripping off Kurosawa's Rashomon.

Or maybe Ive just seen too many movies and officially wear the movie-snob badge? It does come with it the right to whine at every movie that is remotely similar to earlier masterpieces. ;)

Last night we netflixed "The King of Kong" (Footnote: we love netflix movies on demand)

If you are unfamiliar, it is a documentary about one guys quest to enter the world of competitive gaming and get the world record on Donkey Kong.

For anybody who grew up during the video game explosion of the late 70s early 80s, I highly recommend it.

Back