New Movie Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw 2 DVDs this week that were worth watching, if you missed them in the theaters:

3:10 To Yuma: Great western!

Stardust: Yes, even I fell prey to this one. Romantic and funny, and some pretty clever stuff.

so who's going to see RAMBO! ? lol, Whats next an Iron Eagle remake? (Of course an Iron Eagle remake would be HOF)

How bout Red Scorpion? (the Dolph Lundgrin movie)

THat's one of maybe only 2 movies I ever walked out of. In a very odd coincidence, the Director of Red Scorpion was living in Saipan for a while in '90s and was friends with some of my friends (I guess he didn't make it very far as a Director!). I told one of my friends about walking out of Red Scorpion, and he went and told the director guy, who reportedly got all defensive and upset about it!

I never got to meet him.

I saw Charlie Wilson's War on Friday. I thought it was great! Very interesting how it played to our current situation in the Middle East...
My hubby wants to see this one I don't know anything about it, is it a super bloody war movie where the blood spurts out of wounds?

My hubby wants to see this one I don't know anything about it, is it a super bloody war movie where the blood spurts out of wounds?
Not at all...it's about the politics and strategery behind waging a covert war.

CLOVERFIELD -

Anyone seen it? I saw it last night. I think all the hype (from both friends & the media) kind of spoiled it for me. But it was still kind of cool.

I saw Sunshine last night on DVD, pretty good science fiction. I love the setup - how the mission is sooo important, that completing the mission is the overlying rationale behind every decision that must be made. A good movie for engineers - lots of troubleshooting and technical decisionmaking. Probably not a very good movie for astrophysicists, though. Re-starting the sun with a nuclear bomb? Just ignore that and it's pretty good.

CLOVERFIELD -
Anyone seen it? I saw it last night. I think all the hype (from both friends & the media) kind of spoiled it for me. But it was still kind of cool.
I want to see that, but will the hand held camera work make me puke?

The bourne movie was barely tolerable for that.

Then you would probably hate Cloverfield, at least on the big screen. My wife got angry during the movie and wanted to leave, but I didn't want to go so she stuck it out.

I was hoping someone else had seen it so I could bounce my deep political symbolism theory off of someone.

I've got Sunshine on DVD but haven't watched it yet. Glad to hear it's not a waste.

I enjoyed Cloverfield and hear they are working on a Cloverfield 2 already. I thought the shaky cam (and crooked cam) was overdone, but I guess they were trying for a Blair Witch effect. In some review I read that the creature was from outer space, but nowhere in the movie was that ever said. I was pretty surprised to see that Marmaduke from the TV show Carpoolers was a main character.

And of course there is Rambo. Way over the top, but a good guy flick. Don't see this one if you don't like seeing detached body parts flying through the air.

Is Rambo a remake of the first one or is it an entirely new story line?

Its entirely new. Its Rambo in his retirement years; which strangely enough still involves killing people with really big guns.

I finally saw SAW IV. Im a huge SAW fan but was pretty disappointed. Im a huge movie slacker lately. I never go to see new movies. Anyone else hyped up for Ironman? The trailer during the superbowl was pretty awesome.

I saw SAW I and II but kind of lost interest after that.

I like all of the movies based on comic book super heros. I'd like to see a modern movie with Dr. Strange. Doc Strange is my favorite behind Spidey. They could go to town on the special effects. I think a made-for-TV Dr. Strange movie was done at one time.

Then you would probably hate Cloverfield, at least on the big screen. My wife got angry during the movie and wanted to leave, but I didn't want to go so she stuck it out.
My wife and I went to see Juno last week. Cute movie - does that make me :f_115m_e45d7af: ??

When we bought tickets, they had a large sign warning people that individuals who get motion sickness are forewarned to NOT go to Cloverfield.

I sure wish Netflix would bring back the 'releasing this week' tab so I can pick new movies. their new setup is horrible.

Now that CGI rules the day, I love the super hero movies, even the crappy ones like FF4.

I'm stoked about Iron Man. The trailer is awesome. Robert Downey is a great actor (when not living Less Than Zero life). Stay sober, buddy.

I think I'm getting my own movie sometime soon. I hope I get all berserker and thrash on some bad guys.

I watched "The Game Plan" with the kids. Pretty cute. A little corny and formulaic, but there was enough original material to make it better than average. Some LOLs.

Saw Juno a couple weeks ago, funny movie.

I watched the leaked version of the new Stargate movie coming out next week (straight to DVD), that was good, but I want to see the finished version.

The Wall-E movie looks like it would be funny, and Ironman looks really kick ass!

Saw Juno a couple weeks ago, funny movie. I watched the leaked version of the new Stargate movie coming out next week (straight to DVD), that was good, but I want to see the finished version.

The Wall-E movie looks like it would be funny, and Ironman looks really kick ass!
We were avid stargate watchers until the end of seaon 9 then we moved and didn't have cable. Hopefully we can now catch up with the reruns before the movie comes out. Telc having hair is weird!

Back