New Movie Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw National Treasure 2 tonight with some coworkers. We all thoroughly enjoyed it and I will probably rent it when it comes out to see it again.
Be glad you are in an office where you can do that. I work with 2 other guys who are on the fast track to retirement in the next year or so. Lets just say the out of office social interactions between them and a 28yo are quite different (practically nonexistent).

We went to see National Treasure 2, I thought it was as good if not better than the first.

I also bought The Kingdom with Jamie Fox, if you like CIA or Special Forces movies you will not be dissapointed - probably the best movie I have seen all year.

I got the Bourne Ultimatum for Christmas, it was the best of the trillogy.

I watched Music and Lyrics last night. Yeah a Hugh Grant/Drew Barrymore movie and LAUGHED MY ASS OFF. Not a movie I ever would have thought of watching but it was on HBO and I was bored.

I also bought The Kingdom with Jamie Fox, if you like CIA or Special Forces movies you will not be dissapointed - probably the best movie I have seen all year.

I agree...The Kingdom was awesome. Very intense, action-packed, heartbreaking...all in one movie.

I loved the Simpson Movie...but I am also a big Simpson tv show fan. We will probably end up buying it after the Christmas season.
"Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig,

Does whatever a Spider-Pig does,

Can he swing from a web?

No he can't, he's just a pig,

Watch out! There goes Spider-Pig."

How can that show still be funny after 60 brazilian seasons? I don't know, but it is.

I got halfway through The Simpsons Movie and then my wife felt sick, so she made me wait untill today to watch the second half. Beign from alaska made the movie all-the-more!

I've also been addicted to The Wire on dvd. Man, I love that series.

We caught a few over the holidays:

The Kingdom, really enjoyed it, I think the last 2 lines summed up the who middle east issue.

Super Bad, first & last 30 minutes were watchable, but that’s about it.

American Pie, Beta House, Very Corny, they need to put a fork in the American Pie series, there kind of killing what was originally 2 good movies.

Bourne Ultimatum, I was a big fan of the other two, but this one didn’t click well with me, maybe I need to watch it again, I couldn’t seem to catch on to whatever his purpose was in the beginning. I guess he was still pissed of that he was a CIA Assassin.

Bourne Ultimatum I was a big fan of the other two, but this one didn’t click well with me, maybe I need to watch it again, I couldn’t seem to catch on to whatever his purpose was in the beginning. I guess he was still pissed of that he was a CIA Assassin.
Im a big fan of the Bourne series and this one hit me with all cylinders. It was genious how they tied the timeline of this movie in between Identity and Supremacy. Amazing movie IMHO.

Additionally it just confirmed that Matt Damon is this generations Pacino.

I watched the 2006 version of the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" last night. I'm still not sure why. Pretty guesome and pretty fudged up.

I watched a video gaming horror movie the other night called "Stay Alive". Definitely campy and pretty stupid. I guess that's what I buying on cable.

I stumbled on You, Me and Dupree on HBO a while back. I never had any desire to see it prior to that day but it turned out to be a little bit of a gem. I had several LOLs.

I saw Charlie Wilson's War on Friday. I thought it was great! Very interesting how it played to our current situation in the Middle East...

^^Nope. I agree. It was even more far-fetched, but I still enjoyed it. Jsut not as much as the first one. This time, I left the theater thinking WTF! and feeling even more like I had just been conned.

I saw 300 last night. That movie rocks! I know there were some posts about it - I'll have to go back and read them to see what everyone else thought.

watched Heartbraker last night, Ben Stiller, lets just say this movie..... :suicide1:

Watched Chuck and Larry last night,

my neighbor bought it on DVD, and I borrowed it, so no rental fee.

Was worth what I paid to see it. I did have a few laughs in there though

Back