NEW JERSEY - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JP - nothing as of yet. I am going to email my friend that passed in October to see how long the activation took for him.

-Ray

JP - glad to hear you finally got your letter. I mailed mine regular mail on 8/15, hopefully Ray's friend can shed some light on when we might expect to get our license number.

OADG

My friend told me that it took about 2 weeks from when he sent his activation form back in until when he got his license card.

Mine was received by them on Tuesday 8/14 at 10:18AM (tracked via DHL). Hopefully I'll have some good news this time next week.

FYI - they updated the website (searchable entries) on 8/17 - my name wasn't there yet.

Ray

More NEWS!

I spoke to Ms. Foreman and she said once she receives the forms, they get forwarded to their Bookkeeping Dept. Once they get their in about 10 days we should get the license cards in the mail. She mentioned she will be forwarding forms to the BK Dept. this week or early next week. Also, she said it does not take long to receive the license cards once the forms are sent in.

She has not checked yet today's mail, in case anyone was wondering!

Jpgolf

Okay gang... I got a letter from the state (2 weeks after sending the activation form in) - that tells me that in 2 weeks, we will get our license under seperate cover from Trenton.

The good part is - they do list a license number on the cover sheet and give you all the specs for seals and title blocks. (My number is a GE##### - I assume that is all that is needed in the seal)

2 more weeks until we get teh real license. (My letter was dated 8/24).

-Ray

Getting a letter just so they can tell you to wait 2 more weeks! No comment on that one.

Good thing is we are getting close, and you can actually order your seal.

Thanks for the update, and congrats.

I will look for waiting-letter #2!!!

Jpgolf

BigRay & JPGolf

I haven't recieved my letter yet, hoping it comes in the mail today. I did call the NJPE Board to check on my license status and was lucky enough to talk to the head honcho. He said my license number was issued on 8/24 and I could start to sign as a PE. He also gave me the long and short version of my license number. The long version is the number that is posted on the web site and is 24GE0#####00. The short version is for your seal and is GE#####.

He said that the seal requirements are on the web site, but I haven't found them yet.

OADG

OADG,

I received my letter yesterday in mail with the spec on the seal. Although when I look in the NJPE system I do not see my name. Did you search by last name or by license #? Thanks

PEAMIN

Last edited:
Just got a call from home that my letter is waiting for me. :multiplespotting:

Peamin - According the the NJPE Board my license number was issued on 8/24, and yours might have been issued on the same date. If you look at the online directory you will notice that it was last updated on 8/17. So I'm sure we will all have our names added to the online directory at the next update.

OADG

After OADG's post I called the Board. I have not yet been assigned a Lic. # because of the Bookkepping dept.

OADG, does that mean that if a license has been issued, you can get a seal made today and start sealing tomorrow? Or do you have to wait for the license card???

Jpgolf

JPGolf

From my discussion with the head honcho at the NJPE Board, since my license was offically issued by the board on 8/24and I have a license number, I can now use my PE business cards, order a seal and sign documents as a PE starting today. Now the dark side of a gray area is according to the state regs 13:40-3.1d "every holder of a license shall display the license certificate in a conspicuous place in the licensee's principle office, place of business or employment". Since I do not have either the wall certificate or the little license card to display, am I in violation of the state reg. I don't know, maybe I splitting hairs here.

OADG

Thanks OADG. You are correct, you must have the license card, nonetheless the authority has been approved by the NJBPE.

Check with OfficeMax or Staples, or any seal supplier, they pretty much know the standards in producing the seal. Just make sure you spell your full first and last name. Congrats!

I JUST WANT MY SEAL! lol

Jpgolf

JPGolf,

Engineerseals.com has embossing seals for about $25 and will ship the same day if ordered by 11 AM CST. My boss just got his NJ license through comity about 3 weeks ago and immediately ordered his seal from Staples and is still waiting for it and it cost about $40.

OADG

Last edited by a moderator:
I will probably do the same JP... I already phased out my old business cards and have the PE ones ready to be used.

-Ray

BTW, Seal has been ordered from Engineer Seals, overnight delivery (Thursday delivery)

Also, call the automated number from NJ to check on licenses, I checked mine and it shows active as of today.

Congrats to all,

Jpgolf

That's cool JP... I called, mine was active as of 8/24. I will be ordering my seal today.

-Ray

Back