NEW JERSEY - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that the results are in.......cannot wait to get my hands on my license #, seal and all that good stuff! Does anyone know when we would get our license #s. Thanks.

Congrats peamin, JPGOLF, and kmitchell731 !!! :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:
JR

I called the NJBPE the dya after I got my results, and they said it might be a while, since they have not received the scores themselves (I assume the administrative people haven't, since the Board has to look at the scores before releasing them). Iasked for a timeline and they said around August. I WANT MY LICENSE NOW!

If anybody else calls the NJBPE, let us know if you hear anything different.

Thanks

JPGOLF, "almost a PE"

I called the NJBPE the dya after I got my results, and they said it might be a while, since they have not received the scores themselves (I assume the administrative people haven't, since the Board has to look at the scores before releasing them). Iasked for a timeline and they said around August. I WANT MY LICENSE NOW!
If anybody else calls the NJBPE, let us know if you hear anything different.

Thanks

JPGOLF, "almost a PE"
I also called the NJPE Board and spoke to the lady that sends out the packages with the forms we need to fill out to get our licenses. She also told me that she has not recieved the exam results from the board yet. So my best guess is she won't recieve them until the board meets again July 19th. Now here is the best part, the lady I spoke too is the only one that send out the initiation packages and she will be on vacation for 3 weeks starting July 24th. So, I think we won't get your packages until the end of August or the begining of September. Apparently, We have to fill out a license initiation form, write a check and mail it back in to get our license number and wall certificate. So the wait continues :smileyballs:

Old as Dirt Geo, "almost a PE too"

MAN THESE PEOPLE! They should move a little faster, especially being new PE licenses they are dealing with. I do not get why should we pay more. When I took the EIT a year ago, I got my certificate without having to pay anything extra. Let's just hope for the best and see if we can get our certificates sooner than September.

JPGOLF

We are like PE's with an asterisk.
-Ray, PE*
Yo Ray, I was reading another post on how people passed the PE and found your story about your wife and the exam date. Are you not the Estimator in Red Bank, NJ I spoke to during the lunch break at the NJPE Ewing site? It looks like you passed, congrats man! I passed too by the way. (Mechanical, HVAC)

Yo Ray, I was reading another post on how people passed the PE and found your story about your wife and the exam date. Are you not the Estimator in Red Bank, NJ I spoke to during the lunch break at the NJPE Ewing site? It looks like you passed, congrats man! I passed too by the way. (Mechanical, HVAC)
Hey Pablo, that was me! Small world after all! Hope all is well, and next time you are near the Jersey Shore, give me a call... we'll do lunch/golf.

Congrats on passing yourself! I had planned on emailing you to see how you did, but didn't want to jinx you!

I really would like my certificate sooner too... one of my coworkers is dying to take the picture I have on the wall where I plan to put my certificate up!

-Ray

Ray:

Small world it is! Nice hearing from you. Next time i am around Red Bank I will give you a buzz. If you are in the Yardley, PA area, let me know as well.

Congrats!

Here is an update regarding issuance of PE licenses. I spoke to Ms. Forman at the PE Board yesterday. She stated that she had not yet recieved the package from EES with the exam results. I asked if they went to the board first and she said no that the board had already released the results and the EES results package comes to her directly. She also told me the infomation and license packets will be mail in the following order:

1. Failed examinees

2. Passed PE with prior passing of NJ Law exam

3. Passed PE & NJ Law in April

4. Passed PE but failed NJ Law

Ms. Forman also stated she would be on vacation from July 24 to August 3 and would not be getting the EES results package before her vacation. So what does all this mean? PE Licenses will be issued in September or October, which I think coinsides with when the Board likes to have its license promotion ceremony. This is where they hand you your wall certificate. If you don't go to the ceremony then they mail it to you. Based on the speed of the NJPE office, I think they promptly mail the wall certificate after the Chrismas Holidays

Old as Dirt Geo, PE-elect

Last edited by a moderator:
It just dawned on me. If you were like me and submitted your application in October of 2006 and passed the April exam, it takes about 1 year to get you PE license in NJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an update regarding issuance of PE licenses. I spoke to Ms. Forman at the PE Board yesterday. She stated that she had not yet recieved the package from EES with the exam results. I asked if they went to the board first and she said no that the board had already released the results and the EES results package comes to her directly. She also told me the infomation and license packets will be mail in the following order:
1. Failed examinees

2. Passed PE with prior passing of NJ Law exam

3. Passed PE & NJ Law in April

4. Passed PE but failed NJ Law

Ms. Forman also stated she would be on vacation from July 24 to August 3 and would not be getting the EES results package before her vacation. So what does all this mean? PE Licenses will be issued in September or October, which I think coinsides with when the Board likes to have its license promotion ceremony. This is where they hand you your wall certificate. If you don't go to the ceremony then they mail it to you. Based on the speed of the NJPE office, I think they promptly mail the wall certificate after the Chrismas Holidays

Old as Dirt Geo, PE-elect

I guess the good news, for me at least, is that I am in the 2nd group - I passed the NJ Law exam when I took the EIT. Did they give any indication of the date of the license promotion ceremony? Sounds like it could be a good time for a EB.com NJ Branch Party to celebrate graduating from PE-Elect to PE.

-Ray, PE-Elect

Might as well go to the ceremony too. These people take forever! I am also in group 2. I will take a day off from work and be done with it! If you took your EIT in NJ, it is a condition that you must pass teh NJ Law Exam for you to get your EIT Certificate, so I would assume Group 3 is pretty small.

We will see how things develop. Any updates keep us posted, Thanks.

JPGOLF

Not sure on the date of the promotion ceremony, I'm sure the date will be provided in our packets when we get them. From what I have herd from other NJ PE's the ceremony can be any time between mid October to mid or late November. Don't you just love the efficiency of NJ state government. I understand the promotion ceremony is like a graduation ceremony, complete with a guest speaker.

I'm in the 3rd group, having passed my EIT in Michigan in 1983. I hope there isn't a long delay between groups 1 & 2 and the 3rd group. But i guess it really depend on the speed and efficiency of Ms. Forman, as NJ can only afford to have 1 person perform the task of organizing, preparing and sending out the packets.

The wait continues.

Old as Dirt Geo

Here is something a found on NJBPE's website, under the Winter of 2004 newsletter:

"On October 17, 2002 and April 17, 2003, the Board held its semi-annual

Certificate Presentation Ceremonies at the Holiday Inn located in Jamesburg,

New Jersey."

I guess that gives us a better idea of when to have our certificates. You are right OADG, it takes 1 full year, to get the process done, start to finish! UGH!

On the other hand, I just got my new business cards with the letters P and E. Bad thing is I will have to wait until October to use them!

Again, if anybody knows anything, let us know!

JPGOLF

JPGOLF

I looked at the newsletters on the NJBPE web site too. The really scary thing was that for those that passed the April 2005 exam, the ceremony as held on November 3rd. So I think the date of the ceremony is dependent of the board member's schedule.

As for the business cards, I'm in the same boat as you. I have them with the P and E after my name but can't use them.

Old as Dirt Geo

I haven't ordered my new cards yet, going to try to get the LEED AP out of the way and have both put on the card.

-Ray, PE-Elect

Guys,

I was reading rules on how to apply for a PE license in New Jersey and checked the actual application. It seems that in NJ only counts the experience obtained UNDER IMMEDIATE SUPERVISION of a PE. That is, regardless of what you did, even if you designed Boeing 747 from the ground up - it would not count, unless your immediate supervisor was a PE, and your worked under him for four years (or three years, if have an MS degree).

This seems to be stricter than the regulations in most of the other states. Let's say, Connecticut does require an applicant to have three references from PE's (same as NJ), but they are not necessarily his or her IMMEDIATE supervisors. Many states, including Florida and PA only call for working under a PE OR EQUALLY QUALIFIED PERSON - which is quite nice, since an equally qualified means a good engineer in general. In NJ rules I saw nothing about an equally qualified person... And how about those folks who work in exempt industry? If you work in manufacturing, you are no good in NJ? :hung-037:

Guys from NJ, please explain it. No work under PE - no license in NJ PERIOD? Is this right? :whipping:

Ray, FYI LEED AP is not that bad. I took it about 1.5 years ago. Just make sure you go to the LEED AP workshop. It is easier that way to get to know the test material and get a feel for what LEED is and all the disciplines it covers. I do recommend studying for the test. I know a couple of architects that did not study and took the test 4 times. Then again, they are architects! Besides, now that you passed the PE, LEED should be a breeze!

Jpgolf

Ray, FYI LEED AP is not that bad. I took it about 1.5 years ago. Just make sure you go to the LEED AP workshop. It is easier that way to get to know the test material and get a feel for what LEED is and all the disciplines it covers. I do recommend studying for the test. I know a couple of architects that did not study and took the test 4 times. Then again, they are architects! Besides, now that you passed the PE, LEED should be a breeze!
Jpgolf
I just need to get my hands on one of the books. One of our guys here is trying to organize getting groups of the PM's and preconstruction staff certified.

I have no use for architects.

I figure after the 8 hours of fun we had in Ewing followed by 10+ weeks of waiting... an hour and half test with 10 minutes of waiting is no big deal.

Do you plan on going to the Certificate Presentation Ceremony this fall?

Ray

Back