New Jersey PE Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be great to know today...be a nice start to the holiday!

I came up with a projected timeline as to why is is taking so long. See Below...

NJ PE Review process

April 24th – Take test

April 25th – test mailed

April 30th – test arrives at the grading agency

May 1st – test is run through scantron machine and graded

May 4th – Diagnostic report shows the questions that were commonly missed

May 5th – Experts are invited to evaluate the specific questions

May 6th – Supervisors realize that the experts that they had on staff have left the company so they are forced to subcontract out the work

May 7th – RFPs are posted requesting professional qualifications to evaluate the test scores

May 11th – Proposals begin to come in, but the numbers are too high

May 13th – RFPs are re written to include a do not exceed number and a close date of May 20th

May 20th – Testing agency receives RFPs, but the individual who is in charge of making the decision feels that the decision is too great to make by himself, so he decides to form an internal committee to determine which experts to choose for which portions of the test.

May 27th – The committee is formed of 5 unwilling employees who were threatened with layoffs if they chose not to be on the committee.

June 3rd – After a week of deliberations, the committee has come to deadlock as to which experts to choose.

June 4th – The committee elects to throw all of the replies to the RFPs in a hat. Whoever is picked will be determined as the expert.

June 5th – All of the experts are notified of being selected for the job and are asked to come to the testing agency to review the test questions in dispute.

June 15th – The experts arrive on site and become entrenched in a conversation about the regional stability in the middle east, development opportunities, etc…Disagreements ensue and brawls break out in the conference room.

June 19th – In an effort to get control of the situation, the agency gets a keg and everyone makes up.

June 22nd – Experts come in around 10 am still hung over from the weekend and order Chinese food to help with their hangover.

June 22nd (3pm) – The experts get their first look at the exam questions in dispute. They come to the consensus that if over 60% of the test takers missed the question, there must have been something wrong with it, so the question is thrown out.

June 22nd (4pm) – The experts report their findings to the testing agency and leave.

June 24rd – results are mailed.

I guess now it is up to the post office...

I spoke with some lady at the testing service and she said they had to vote on when to release the NJ results?! I have no idea why they would vote on it. But she did say that they are probably going to go out within 3-5 business days.

But then again, who knows!

I spoke with some lady at the testing service and she said they had to vote on when to release the NJ results?! I have no idea why they would vote on it. But she did say that they are probably going to go out within 3-5 business days.
But then again, who knows!
I don't imagine that the NJ board would be voting on anything prior to the next board meeting on July 16th. If the testing service hasn't sent out the NJ results yet, they must be waiting for the board, which would mean a couple more weeks. That would suck so bad. I don't think the 3-5 days means anything.

I find it incredible the contempt that these agencies have for their paying customers.

No one knows whats going on, no one can tell you anything, and when they do it is almost always conflicting information with what was told to someone else. If I ran a business that way, I wouldn't last very long.

I find it incredible the contempt that these agencies have for their paying customers.
No one knows whats going on, no one can tell you anything, and when they do it is almost always conflicting information with what was told to someone else. If I ran a business that way, I wouldn't last very long.
unfortunately, the Board has to authorize (not the approval) the release of the grades and it is done during their meeting...July 16, so don't expect to see the results until sometime in the week of the 20th...

unfortunately, the Board has to authorize (not the approval) the release of the grades and it is done during their meeting...July 16, so don't expect to see the results until sometime in the week of the 20th...
which is in complete conflict with what I was told by someone at the state board of engineers.

whole thing is nonsense.

The board only looks at the paper you submit back to the state once you have received a passing score from the testing facility. They don't have to meet on it. Judging from when October's scores came out we should be expecting something towards the end of this week.

Back