New enviro members

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  • Hi, I am a new Environmental member here... I recently passes my EIT but have graduated with M.S. from Civil Water Resources in 2012. Meaning, I am here looking to start studying for PE environmental/Water Resources! Any ideas where to start? I was going to get the http://ppi2pass.com/environmental-pe-package-envp6.html package and start with ENVRM.  What do you guys think?  :D :rolleyes:
**For FE, I took Environmental Discipline and studied from FE Review Manual: Rapid Preparation for the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam and  Environmental Discipline-Specific Review for the FE/EIT Exam.

I think that's a good start, and then review all of the advice threads in this forum.  You'll find good suggestions of how to study and what additional references to consider obtaining or bringing with you.

Welcome!

Welcome @Looloo. I agree with Dleg, that's a good place to start. Feel free to ask questions if you need help.

Hi again! Thank you for the quick response I wasn't sure this forum was really this active! awesome! let me elaborate then. I have a BS in water resources engineering from abroad and an MS in Civil engineering water resources as mentioned above. I am not at all strong in environmental science and chemistry, compared to physical aspects of the water science. I found a new book today: http://ppi2pass.com/water-resources-and-environmental-depth-reference-manual-for-the-civil-pe-exam-cewe.html and I was wondering if any of you knew how it compares with http://ppi2pass.com/environmental-engineering-reference-manual-3rd-edition.html ( It doesnt specify anywhere on the website what is included in the second book but it seems to have better reviews!) 

Also I started reading the advice others had given on this forum. And http://ppi2pass.com/civil-engineering-reference-manual-for-the-pe-exam-cerm15p.html has been advised several times. Of course I wont be able to find an international edition of this book but for reference/text books I was wondering what you think about international editions of those? I researched and apparently they are legal.

Thank you so much and I am really glad to be here! 

Oh ... That makes sense now! I actually had seen that on ncees but hadn't made the connection between the study materials... so Yes I am planning to take the Civil-WRE exam! and as you suggested will get  Water Resources and Environmental Depth reference manual for the depth section and Civil Engineering Reference Manual for the PE Exam (CERM15P), 15th Edition for the breadth section. For now. Is that a good start? 

Also, check out the forum here specifically for the Civil - Water Resources Exam.  It's under Civil Engineering, I think.

The Environmental Exam is pretty heavy on chemistry/hazardous materials/air/ and general environmental science type stuff, so the civil - water resources exam sounds like your best match.

I see thank you so much! I will read and come back! Yes I am very weak on " hemistry/hazardous materials/air/ and general environmental science type stuff", Im stronger on hydraulics and hydrology, some water and wastewater treatment and then basic environmental science that relates to water and wastewater treatment... :)

Thank you so much for all your help I was very confused! 

I am in North Carolina and planning to take PE Environmental exam in Fall 2017.  So far bought EERM to study and using the tips from this forum to buy more books. I am also planning to take NCSU's prep. course.  Is there anyone here taking the exam in fall this year?

Anyone take Oct 2017 Environmental Exam?  I took it here in DC.
Yep. Took it in Tx.  Unfortunately did not pass for the 2nd time.  What is your discipline?  I'm remediation so I've really been struggling with the other topics on the exam.  

Anyone take Oct 2017 Environmental Exam?  I took it here in DC.
Took it in CO - First time taker. Still waiting on results. Not holding my breath on passing... I work in water/wastewater permitting so air, waste, remed. killed me...

Yep. Took it in Tx.  Unfortunately did not pass for the 2nd time.  What is your discipline?  I'm remediation so I've really been struggling with the other topics on the exam.  
I saw your other posts about that, @txjennah . I’m sorry to hear that! I hope you’re keeping your head up, though

Took it in CO - First time taker. Still waiting on results. Not holding my breath on passing... I work in water/wastewater permitting so air, waste, remed. killed me...
I’m the opposite. I work in air permitting so the air topics were the easier part of the exam  for me.  Some of my job duties also require me to be familiar with solid/hazardous waste and remediation, so that also was “easier” for me. 

Water topics, on the other hand, not so much...

I work in water/wastewater.   The other areas were what I had to study to pass this test.

I work in water/wastewater.   The other areas were what I had to study to pass this test.

I saw your other posts about that, @txjennah . I’m sorry to hear that! I hope you’re keeping your head up, though

I’m the opposite. I work in air permitting so the air topics were the easier part of the exam  for me.  Some of my job duties also require me to be familiar with solid/hazardous waste and remediation, so that also was “easier” for me. 

Water topics, on the other hand, not so much...
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!  Are there review courses you recommend that are particularly strong in these topics? I took SOPE and while that helped, I think I need to switch it up. I was considering taking the EET Water Resources/Env. course and maybe Testmasters.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!  Are there review courses you recommend that are particularly strong in these topics? I took SOPE and while that helped, I think I need to switch it up. I was considering taking the EET Water Resources/Env. course and maybe Testmasters.
I definitely recommend EET's WRE review! 

Back