NCEES vs Lindenburg Practice Exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSHAW

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just found this resource, late but not too late...5 days to go. I have a question pertaining to practice exams. I've completed all three practice exams that accompany the ENVRM from Lindenburg and have scored from 80 to 90 out of 100. I just recieved the NCEES "Env Eng Sample Questions & Solutions" and am having a much harder time. I scored a 48/100...it seems this is more civil based???

I was confident, now I'm stressing out. Can someone provide some guidance...Is the the Environmental PE more like the Lindenburg or NCEESS practice exams?

Thanks,

Steve S

That was exactly how it went for me. I did well on the PPI practice tests, scored in the 80s. Then I took the NCEES practice exam, under conditions as close to the real exam scenario as I could, and got like a 52/100. I flipped out, I was totally worried I'd fail then. Total confidence buster.

I tried to be calm about it and use the remaining time I had to study on the areas I did poorly on. I found the real exam was setup more like the NCEES exam than the PPI exams, but not as difficult as the NCEES practice test. I felt really confident during the real exam that I was doing a good job of it, and ended up passing.

That was exactly how it went for me. I did well on the "the other board" practice tests, scored in the 80s. Then I took the NCEES practice exam, under conditions as close to the real exam scenario as I could, and got like a 52/100. I flipped out, I was totally worried I'd fail then. Total confidence buster.
I tried to be calm about it and use the remaining time I had to study on the areas I did poorly on. I found the real exam was setup more like the NCEES exam than the "the other board" exams, but not as difficult as the NCEES practice test. I felt really confident during the real exam that I was doing a good job of it, and ended up passing.

Thanks, I'll use the remaining time I have reviewing the NCEES practice Exam.

Yeah, you should do just fine. I took the first P P I practice exam as a timed simulator, and scored 85 (or so). I only used the NCEES exam as a guide as to how the real thing would be composed. But I did ntoce the same thing you did - the NCEES practice exam seemed to hit the hard-core hydraulics a lot more than the P P I material. But as VT said, the real thing seemed easier.

I think you are well-prepared if you're scoring that well on the P P I exams. Just brush up on the subjects you think gave you a hard time on the NCEES exam.

Latest posts

Back