NCEES Record

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Maintain records of every project you complete each year.
  2. Maintain contact with all your previous supervisors.  Even an annual holiday card will assist in keeping current mailing addresses.  Social media may work best if your supervisors participate.
  3. Do Not Wait until you need commity to start the process.
I received my BSME in 1979, my PE in 1983, and my NCEES Record in 2009.  I had records of previous projects because I never threw away of my old Resumes, even the typewritten ones (anyone remember typewriters?)  I had contact information for most of my former supervisors but still found myself blind-calling an individual in Arkansas who had the same unusual name as my first boss 30 years previously in Michigan.  Luckily he was the right guy and at age 85 still sharp as a tack and remembered me (deaf as a stump too).

It took 3 months of time to fulfill all requirements and receive my Council Record.  Because of the recession I was working diligently to fulfill the requirements just in case I needed to move out of State in a hurry to secure another job.

does anyone have an idea of how long the review process takes once they receive everything?

Obviously, there will be variables. I was just trying to get a ballpark idea of the timeline.

It wasn't long for me, but I didn't have much to review. Only 2 jobs and 8 or so years of experience. Perhaps 1-2 weeks after they received everything. I just renewed last month and it was about the same timeframe.

Was about 3-4 weeks for them to validate all my info.  2 months total from start to finish for the entire process.  If you suspect it taking longer than it should, you can contact them.  They are pretty responsive, especially in between exam cycles.

I figured with the holidays and all it will take a bit of time. I was trying to see what others had seen as far as the timeline goes. 

Well, I have to give NCEES credit. They issued my records number today.

Thanks Matt, but I just filled out papers. lol

They'll be sending you an actual "record cert." in the mail as well as a small wallet-style card (why I don't know).  Then just keep in mind that annual renewal requiring one P.E. reference.  They're pretty good at sending early email notifications for upcoming renewals.  Congrats fellow record holder! :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
They'll be sending you an actual "record cert." in the mail as well as a small wallet-style card (why I don't know).  Then just keep in mind that annual renewal requiring one P.E. reference.  They're pretty good at sending early email notifications for upcoming renewals.  Congrats fellow record holder! :thumbs:
Thanks fox. Now to get work that will require me to have multiple licenses. ......

Back