NCEES Record - system upgrade

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They copied over my work experience form just fine so I don't buy any of this for a second. I would honestly say that an engineer certifying that I had the required years of experience to be way more critical than the references section. Both require an engineer's signature, why can one be transferred over and not the other?

This is definitely a question that I want to hear what bogus answer they come up with.
Or what about just scanning the d@mn files and creating high-res PDFs?  This is the 21st century, is it not?

It sucks that some states force you to use ncees, for me I don't need a Texas PE so I won't give them(NCEEs) a f'n dime....

It sucks that some states force you to use ncees, for me I don't need a Texas PE so I won't give them(NCEEs) a f'n dime....
Well I (apparently stupidly) did it more for a convenience thing. Once I got licensed in my initial state I had a handful of New England states I needed to get licensed in relatively quickly and figured I may need more in the future. The NCEES account seemed like a great way to avoid headaches of getting my transcript, references, and work experience certified multiple times. It worked quite well actually for two states where I got licensed in a week or two from time of application. I would have happily recommended the old account system to anyone who wanted to apply to multiple states. I'd still recommend an account if you're starting with the new account system as the new system does appear easier to use overall.

But, yes, having to do this hassle of transferring my old account to the new system completely makes me regret that decision. NCEES stubbornness to admit they screwed up makes it 100x more infuriating. In addition, I agree that we're essentially paying $75 for a convenience and nothing more.

I used to think it would be nice to have, but i think NCEES just wants to compile information on everyone (yes Im wearing my tin foil hat)

I look at it like this, if my company needs me to get licensed in another state, they have secretary's who can make the phone calls, fill the forms out, make self addresses stamped envelopes, etc and take care of it for me.  Just recently I had to do this and it took maybe 5 minutes of my time to sign the forms and give her my references contacts..  I just keep one filled out paper version and let them transcribe it into whatever form the state needs you to fill out..

Last edited by a moderator:
I look at it like this, if my company needs me to get licensed in another state, they have secretary's who can make the phone calls, fill the forms out, make self addresses stamped envelopes, etc and take care of it for me.  
You must work with more capable people. Some people at my work are lucky to get from the parking lot to their desks each day. LOL

Since I do consulting work on the side, I don't have the luxury of having anyone to complete the licensing paperwork for me. So it made sense to get the NCEES Record as I knew my contract work would be taking me to IL and MO.

I don't have a personal secretary but we have 3 or 4 spread around for 60 people..

Somewhere every company has someone that can fill the stuff out for you, just have to bug the right people...

You have to learn this thing called "delegation" it's very handy.....

If you work for the state then you have "nothing but time" ;) anyways....

I'm unclear as to what your status is on this.  Was your NCEES Record application approved such that you were assigned an active record number?  If so, then see my previous post above. No other action on your part is required.
Oh, and the have adopted a new system of record numbers.  And new login and password requirements.

Can legacy record holders view their corresponding record now? Or is that only an option once we've requested a submission and the record gets converted?

It's only an option once you've requested a submission (so no getting this done ahead of time unless you want to apply to a random state board).

Here's what I currently see on the old record's page:

Capture.PNG

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12359-1387842535-7.gif

I think that you really need to try to log in and "link your legacy account" now rather than later.

This is shown when I login.

Existing Record holders and Credentials Evaluation customers need to link their legacy accounts to migrate their information into the new system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've linked my account. Because my dashboard shows that I can "Purchase Transmittal". Prior to linking my account I did not have this option available. However, with the old system, I was able to log in and see the status of my record, make changes, purchase renewals, etc. Now the only indication that I even have a record seems to be the "Purchase Transmittal" option. I can't even look up my associated record number. <smh>

Once you "purchase transmittal" you will get a notification that your account it being transferred from the old record system. This process took about 2 weeks for me.

This is what you'll get after this process finally completes:

Capture.PNG

Ok, that is kind of what I figured but had no idea what to expect on the interface itself.  Thanks for the info.

The interface is actually fairly nice and an improvement over the old system. It actually would have been a nice upgrade if it wasn't for the debacle in actually switching over.

Still, absolutely no communication from them. No apologies. No intend of looking into (or understanding) what the problem with the upgrade is. Yes, the new system is good, but you have done something terribly wrong to existing record holders.

I am thinking of just applying direct Comity to CA. No point in trying to waste my time and money with NCEES. Apparently CA does not need PE references for Control Systems discipline which makes the most difficult part of the process easier.

Hmm, I have already linked my account but I have no option of "purchasing a transmittal" on my dashboard. 

No me gusta. 

Hmm, I have already linked my account but I have no option of "purchasing a transmittal" on my dashboard. 

No me gusta. 
When did you initiate the account linking? Because that takes a number of days to complete. Not quite sure what they actually do in the background during said "linking".

Latest posts

Back