MSEE after MBA, BSEE, PE and PMP or too much?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glockjacket P.E.

Uncontrollable Engineer
Reaction score
I apparently like learning, is an MSEE after MBA, BSEE, PE and PMP too much? Thoughts? I'm not trying to be a super engineer or anything. I'd rather move into a low level management eventually actually.

I apparently like learning, is an MSEE after MBA, BSEE, PE and PMP too much? Thoughts? I'm not trying to be a super engineer or anything. I'd rather move into a low level management eventually actually.
are you serious :)

Well, it is just sounded too much. But it all depends on you, age, goals, free time.....

Sounds like someone like alphabet soup.

As peeng said, it depends on your goals. If you're doing it for career advancement, you should make sure those letters mean something in your field. If your doing it for personal self improvement and have the time and money, then go for it.

The question to get an MSEE shouldn't really be dependent on whether you have an MBA, PE, or PMP, or not, should it?  If you only had a BSEE, the question would still be the same, right?  Either you want/need an MSEE for your career (or personal reason) or you don't. 

The question to get an MSEE shouldn't really be dependent on whether you have an MBA, PE, or PMP, or not, should it?  If you only had a BSEE, the question would still be the same, right?  Either you want/need an MSEE for your career (or personal reason) or you don't. 
Fair enough, guess I have some thinking to do.

I personally do not advertise my degrees like that. I am actually considering taking PMP off my e-mails now that I have my P.E. 

I personally do not advertise my degrees like that. I am actually considering taking PMP off my e-mails now that I have my P.E. 
PMP never made it onto my email, I don't feel the need to show off, PE would get added but not PMP.  PMP has no legal anything to it, PE does. I also dont add BSEE or anything else.

I work with a group that list BSEE or MSEE as part of their email signature. Seems silly to me. Or perhaps I should start listing my associates as part of my name????

4 minutes ago, Ken PE 3.0 said:

I work with a group that list BSEE or MSEE as part of their email signature. Seems silly to me. Or perhaps I should start listing my associates as part of my name????
I would first add you EB.com status, way more important than anything else
Good point.

If you have a PhD or a PE then by all means add it to your signature.  Adding a BS, EIT, MBA, or MS comes off as pretentious and just looks stupid to me. 

Back