Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched a few over the last week or two....

”Pacific Rim 2” - Entertaining enough. Basically more of the same. If you liked the first one, you’ll probably like this one.

”Super Troopers 2” - Mehhh. It was really dumb, but the wife wanted to watch it cause she liked the first one. She stopped paying attention and went to her phone about 1/2 way through the movie if that tells you anything. Best part was the body cam footage at the end. 

“Ready Player One” - Good sci-fi flick. Little depressing to watch sometimes...can see society going in that direction.

We saw Ant Man and The Wasp this weekend. It was pretty entertaining. You will have needed to see Avengers Infinity War to understand the ending, which was weird because my wife saw that with me but then totally didn't understand the ending.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I was actually surprised I liked the first ant man- so may check this one out for lunch one day..

Finally saw Black Panther.  Am I the only person not impressed by this movie?  I'd say it ranked mid-pack for Marvel stuff, and that's not exactly a high bar.  It had its moments, but man, it sure seemed like there were a lot of boring lulls.  

On the flip side, we all really liked A Quiet Place.  Not at all what I was expecting.  

Finally saw Black Panther.  Am I the only person not impressed by this movie?  I'd say it ranked mid-pack for Marvel stuff, and that's not exactly a high bar.  It had its moments, but man, it sure seemed like there were a lot of boring lulls.  

On the flip side, we all really liked A Quiet Place.  Not at all what I was expecting.  
I think I said the same thing after I saw it...good movie, but I couldn't understand why everyone was raving about it being the best Marvel movie.

Was one of the new movies out on HBO so I actually watched "IT" yesterday.  For some reason it wasn't as scary as I figured it would be.  I remembered enough stuff from the book that I know it didn't completely follow King's story, but it's been long enough that I wasn't sitting there nit-picking all the stuff that was left out/different.  Good enough that I'll definitely watch Chapter 2 after it comes out.

I watched The Death of Stalin on the plane home yesterday. it was really, really well done! I highly recommend it, if you like dry humor especially.

I like the style of the movie, but in addition to more chase scenes, it needed way less Jamie Fox.  In fact, everything needs way less Jamie Fox.
The world needs less Jamie Fox.  Not sure how he got famous in the first place...

He's been a broken record ever since he was on "In Living Color"...

I finally saw the new Baywatch movie. 

Made the mistake, though, of watching it with my 12-year-old kid. It wasn't terrible, but there definitely moments where he blushed. 

Though the scene at the beginning with the junk is pretty funny. 

Got tickets to sneak peek of Teen Titans Go last night

I went into it liking the TV show, but to me the show is better than the movie.  The movie was more of a broadway musical - but my children enjoyed it.  

It might perhaps be the best DC movie though?

We saw that one yesterday, too. I enjoyed it - tons of action, great stunts (no or very little CGI), ridiculously complex plot.

Back