Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't seen it, but it was mostly filmed a stone's throw from my house (no kidding). A grocery store we typically shop at is in the flick.

/random

Saw Battle Los Angeles last night, it was entertaining, but mostly was a Marine recruiting video with lots of explosions. Fun, but leave your brain at home.
This statement describes the way I like my movies. I want to be entertained, not have to think to much. I don't really feel a need to see Inception for this reason.

Saw Battle Los Angeles last night, it was entertaining, but mostly was a Marine recruiting video with lots of explosions. Fun, but leave your brain at home.
This statement describes the way I like my movies. I want to be entertained, not have to think to much. I don't really feel a need to see Inception for this reason.
Your missing out on a good movie! You're not constantly thinking throughout the movie, all you have to do is pay attention.

My father's a pretty sharp guy, and his exact words in regards to Inception: "Anyone who claims they really know what is going on in that movie is completely full of shit."

Inception was one of those movies you need to watch twice two somewhat understand what is going on. Total mind screw.

I decided to watch "The Kings Speech" the other day, mostly out of boredom. I was really expecting it to suck because the critics loved it, but I ended up liking it myself. I forget the speech therapists real name but I like him in almost everything he's in. I'm sorry, but I couldnt make it through "Paul" or "Due date" and I like comedies. The red haired english dude cracked me up in "shaun of the dead ", but I just didn't laugh at this one. Probably because it was too "americanized". I don't know if they were too predictable or what, but I quit about half way through both. I liked Inception, but its not a movie to see if you just want to veg out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm Lately:

Lincoln Lawyer - I liked it...typicaly law and order type movie

Next Three Days - I liked it as well, wish Liam would have had a larger role...was kind of weird for him to be in a movie for all of 3 minutes. It felt kind of drug out and wrapped up too fast though.

Next Three Days - I liked it as well, wish Liam would have had a larger role...was kind of weird for him to be in a movie for all of 3 minutes. It felt kind of drug out and wrapped up too fast though.
:plusone:

Why waste money at the movies when you have links like this:

http://quicksilverscreen.com/videos?c=2

http://10starmovies.com/

The first one is good because its megavideo based. Cons are you can't search for a movie and sometimes its listed but you can't view because its removed for infringment violation.

The second one is searchable, but you have to deal with dead links, pop ups, downloads and alot of them are from people using cameras at the theater.

Sap Dog said:
I don't know, I didn't have any trouble following inception. You just needed to pay attention during four critical explanations. First, you have to have a token to know whether you were in a dream or in real life. Second, you had to understand that time in a dream is slower relative to time in real life, so if an hour passes in a dream, only ten minutes passed in real life, and if you fall asleep and have another dream in a dream, that effect is multiplied exponentially. Third, you had to understand that if you "died" in a dream, you would go to limbo and essentially grow old in your mind, which would make a return to reality a really bad situation because you have already lived a full life and it can make you go crazy. And fourth, in order to come out of the dream you had to have a "kick", something to jolt you out of the dream state.
You've confirmed my opinion...there are too many "rules" to remember. Kind of like, it's not a very good joke, if you have to explain it after you've told it. Or "let's play a game, I'll write the rules as we go"

I don't get to the theater any more, either, except for children's movies. I would really like to see Paul, but, fat chance of that happening.....

We don't reall have previews over here so I don't know what Paul is, but I did see it in on DVD in the hadji shop this afternoon.
I believe it's a new "Howard the Duck" type movie.

We don't reall have previews over here so I don't know what Paul is, but I did see it in on DVD in the hadji shop this afternoon.
I believe it's a new "Howard the Duck" type movie.
Paul was released the same week as Lincoln Lawyer.

The local paper gave Lincoln Lawyer only a 4 out of 10 because it was "not believable."

Then in the next paragraph, they gave Paul - a story about an alien going on a road trip in a Winnebago - an 8 out of 10.

??

Howard the duck was awesome!!!!
I don't typically comment in the "Shoot the Breeze" forum, but I have to agree with snick_PE and give a shout out to Howard the Duck! :Locolaugh: Quote: "No one laughs at a master of Quack Fu!"

Watched "Rango" last night with my son. In his word, it was "weird" and "violent". I liked it a lot- it was weird, as well as a little violent. But also some of the best animation and most original character design yet in an animated movie, and lots fo humorous/cool pop culture references (having Hunter S Thompson show up is always going to impress me, as will Clint Eastwood). It's biggest flaw was that it seemed like they couldn't agree on who to aim the movie at. It seems like the whole thing was written as a movie for adults, but that someone got in there and tried to add in stuff for kids here and there that took a little away from the overall tone. But not much. It was pretty good, and thoroughly enjoyable.
I watched Rango last night and agree on both the voilent and weird points. It was pretty funny at times "lets follow this hydraulic line to its origin and determine the cause of this aquatic conundrum". It wasn't really for kids though. It had a significant amount of foul language and alot of "animal on animal" voilence. :p Its hard to rate because I don't know what they were attempting, but I'll give it 3.5 of 5 stars.

Latest posts

Back