Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: LOST

I did not like LOST initially, and didn't really watch it regularly till Season 2-3. The beginning was too much soap opera. After S2-3 it started picking up and I was hooked. Keep with it, you will probably like it. It's on Netflix also.

Its mostly towards the begining of the movie. The party billy ray has at his "new house". Then again later Jamie lee curtis shows her goods. They might as well have had the girls naked in the end scene too. Barely there bikinis.
That's pretty much all I recall. I suppose it's a lot if you have little kids running around.

^^^I never joined the band wagon. Never saw a single episode.
Ditto. I never got into 24, West Wing, or any of the other "big" serials. I watched Prison Break for one season, but I was so pissed off at the end of the first season when they didn't break out of the effin' prison that I never watched another episode.

Ditto. I never got into 24, West Wing, or any of the other "big" serials. I watched Prison Break for one season, but I was so pissed off at the end of the first season when they didn't break out of the effin' prison that I never watched another episode.
me too. The only two series I ever got into was Heros and Last Airbender. I watched Heros every week but didnt get into Airbender until I could get the series via Netflix.

So I got home and started watching Archer on Netflix. Holy sh*t this is hilarious! Why didn't I start watching this earlier?

It seems like the major movie studios lately are like...oh pixar has a new movie out, then sony comes out with a similar but different story a few months later.

Madagscar and the Wild (i think that was the name) came out in similar timeframes from two different companys.

the illusionist and the prestige another example
They've been doing that for a long time...similar concept coming out at the same time. The one that always sticks out for me is Armageddon and Deep Impact. There's also Dante's Peak and that other volcano movie with Tommy Lee Jones. I figure all the movie studios/production companies must be spying on each other all the time. What are the chances of two different companies coming out with asteroid disater movies at exactly the same time?

BTW, I never joined the bandwagon either...not a single episode of Lost....ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the wifey-wife picked out another winner (foreign independent film) on Netflix for instant viewing... The Story of O. Surprisingly it was very good... at least in the sense that there is ample boobage (like LOTS!), gratuitous nudity, and chains and whips.

Other than that, it kinda sucked.

Only TV series I can remember following is Burn Notice

That was only after getting it on DVD though so I can watch an entire season in one week

And for the movies:

Super is coming out, similar to KickAss

Netflix again last night. This time it was my choice. So, we watched Exam. Plot was simple and made you think just a little bit to get the "ah-ha" moments. Eight people are taking an exam for an elite job and only one can get it. I gave it 4 stars.

We watched "Stone" with De Niro and Edward Norton

It was a load of suck...with a little milla jovavich nakedness

How can you lump nekkidness of Milla in with a load of suck? That's greatness right there. If I didn't like Fifth Element so much, I'd watch the first 15 minutes of it just for partial nekkidness of her. :Banane20:

Was flipping through Netflix last night and came across Robocop. We have definately come a long way in action movies...

We watched "Stone" with De Niro and Edward Norton
It was a load of suck...with a little milla jovavich nakedness

I have not seen it but it was filmed in Dexter, Michigan. My sis-in-law and her guy sat on their front porch one day, sipping refreshments and watching DeNiro get filmed driving back and forth down their road.

Then I guess there was a scene where a house or barn burned down. They could see the fire from their house.

Wasn't Robocop origianally rated X?
Yep. And even after some parts were removed, it was barely an R rating. I will admit it was one of the few movies I didnt want my kids to see, and had to pause it a few times to run them out of the room and back to their own movie.

One thing I found very funny about it was the fact that the "futuristic" police cars were mid-eighties Ford Tauruses.

Is the rated X version even available? I'd like to see what the hub-bub was about. In today's world, it wouldn't be an X.

Back