Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw Black Swan this weekend. Usually I try to avoid Oscar type movies but it was good. It had a fair amount of scares and some really nice girl on girl action.
Is that the Mila Kunis one? If so, I might have to go just for the girl on girl.
I told my wife she's on my "list". Good thing she broke up with Macaulay Dipshit.

I saw Black Swan this weekend. Usually I try to avoid Oscar type movies but it was good. It had a fair amount of scares and some really nice girl on girl action.
Sorry, I like Portman and everything but this movie sucked. I can't stand it when the director/writer/author isn't honest with his audience. You never knew if what was happening was real or not, so i just got to where i didn't care because none of it was real.

0.5 of 5 stars

If you want to see an excellent movie see Get Low. great cast, plot, acting and soundtrack. No special effects, murder or sex. Just a great movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
SapperPE said:
I watched The Fighter and The Social Network over the weekend. Both were good movies. I watched the Social Network twice.
Social network is a great movie, but I think it's overhyped. I dont see why it's worth of all the Oscar buzz other than the fact that it was the best of a limited number of good movies this year. I think movies in the last few years have been lacking overall, without too many movies that really knocked my socks off and won best picture like they did back before the late 90's.

we red boxed RED this weekend. I missed the very beginning, but it made me laugh. the sight of helen mireen (sp?) holding any sort of weapon is funny. definitely a comedy rather than action flick, but there is action in it.

watched toy story 3 this weekend...while it had some funny parts, it was probably the saddest movie I've seen in a long time.

The Void - A trippy movie with a crappy opening but the rest is better. Don't watch it if you have epilepsy. Gratuitous nudity, far from child-friendly, but an interesting concept for a movie.

watched toy story 3 this weekend...while it had some funny parts, it was probably the saddest movie I've seen in a long time.
do you mean sad as "emotionally sad" or sad as in you thought it sucked? I thought it was pretty good. I liked all the TS movies.

do you mean sad as "emotionally sad" or sad as in you thought it sucked? I thought it was pretty good. I liked all the TS movies.
emotionally sad. I was on the verge of tears couple times.

emotionally sad. I was on the verge of tears couple times.
^ but that's what movies are supposed to do...move you...sometimes to tears...sometimes to laughs.

I saw The King's Speech on 2/13 (sorry, I've been busy). I thought it was excellent, and I expect it to do very well on Sunday (Oscar night).

We were out to see Unknown with Liam Neison last weekend. It was awful. People in the audience were actually groaning at parts.

I think somebody mentioned the new Tron movie. Watched the Haji copy last night. The copy wasn't too bad...only one guy walking through the picture on his way to the bathroom...but the movie itself was pretty bad.

We were out to see Unknown with Liam Neison last weekend. It was awful. People in the audience were actually groaning at parts.

Sounds like every Liam Neison movie ever.

Saw Dickie Roberts, Child Star this weekend. Was I the only one that found the tryout dance scene...umm...uncomfortably inappropriate?

Back