Microhouses

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely. That looks pretty damn cool to me. As long as it has a toilet, microwave, and bed, I'd be good to go.

Since I am married with two kids, my only use would be to put it in our backyard and call it the mother-in-law suite.

I've considered putting something like this together as a "camper" for longer trips, but it wouldn't be a long term living situation

The place I stayed in for my internship was about 200 sf. Unfortunately it didn't have a bathroom. I had to walk about 100yds to the community bathroom to use the toilet or shower.

I already have a tool shed, and I have no desire to live in it.

you can't fool us Cap, we all know this is where you currently reside. ;)

cabin.jpg

you can't fool us Cap, we all know this is where you currently reside. ;)

cabin.jpg
I wonder what they ever did with Ted's place.

No joke, there are days where cabin in the woods looks like a good choice.

When I was a kid, four room shacks were quite numerous in SC. Update one of those with modern windows and insulation, passive solar, huge wrap around porch, PV cells and energy star appliances, and go off grid.

The place I stayed in for my internship was about 200 sf. Unfortunately it didn't have a bathroom. I had to walk about 100yds to the community bathroom to use the toilet or shower.
What are you talking about? In that situation, toilet = sink*

* Only if equipped with garbage disposal. Otherwise, only use for pee pee

What are you talking about? In that situation, toilet = sink*

* Only if equipped with garbage disposal. Otherwise, only use for pee pee
It was also up in the mountains, so I had plenty of pine-urinals surrounding the place. It actually looked pretty close to the pic posted above...

Screw all those "everybody look at me" hipster doofuses...I'll be living in an 8' x 15" metal box in the desert for the next year and the sad thing is that I've actually got it pretty good over here compared to the guys who do the actual fighting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back