Map: October 2012 Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was doing a bit of research and it doesnt appear (for Virginia at least) that the occurrence of a meeting of the board has anything to do with the test results. For the meeting last year the agenda mentioned NCEES but the meeting minutes made no mention of the exam results. Regardless, the results for the state were released 5 days after the meeting.

This past spring there was no corresponding meeting that occurred before the results were released. The scores were actually released about 2 weeks before the next meeting happened. Based on this I am not seeing a strong correlation between a meeting happening and the actual scores being released.

That's funny! 103 users are reading this topic! Guess were all a little anxious to get some results. Good or Bad. I didn't study at all so I know I did not pass but I'm still interested in the breakdown of the report.

Did you check the actual NCEES site rather than the exam administrator site?

In my state they use PCS, but the results are still posted on the NCEES website before the PCS website.

Gotcha...I did check NCEES but the results column states that NCEES does not release results. Additionally CTS did not provide scores for the FE...they just indicated that I passed the FE back in may.

Well then I guess it looks like the information about Illinois releasing results was incorrect :(

Given that it seems NCEES released later yesterday, I'm thinking CTS will release late today or early tomorrow. For the april exam, they received the FE results from NCEES on a Wednesday and I checked and found the results late Friday...they could have posted them earlier though.

Ok, so I removed IL for now. Added MT and DC. Think I'm caught up again. Let me know if I'm missing anything.

iS1ur.png

NCEES already updated the pass rates on the site....

PE pass rates

Pass rates are from the October 2012 exam administration, except where otherwise noted.

Exam First-time takers (%) Repeat takers (%) Agricultural 83 33 Architectural (April 2012) 71 31 Chemical 71 20 Civil 65 27 Control Systems 80 42 Electrical and Computer 66 34 Environmental 62 34 Fire Protection 60 29 Industrial 79 57 Mechanical 72 40 Metallurgical and Materials 56 22 Mining and Mineral Processing 75 54 Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (April 2012) 66 17 Nuclear 56 0 Petroleum 79 35

Well what the hell. If NCEES already knows who passed and who didnt why do the states have to take so long allowing them to release the stupid scores to people!

thank you for the notice on the pass rate updates

i am civil and it's my first time taking the exam, 65% is not a bad number for the passing. I hope I can pass it the first time

and COME ON California, you gotta catch up the race of releasing the results

I think because they were released so late in the day yesterday it didn't give the states much time.
agreed - just hoping that it doesn't cause the Commonwealth of MA (God Save It!) to slip to Monday.
You should know better than to hope that MA will do something to help you out. :)

Back