Map: April 2013 PE Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been following these posts for a couple days now. didn't realize that PA was so freakishly slow on posting results till i got on here. i've taken this teast 4 times now. for the love of god, i hope i passed it this time.

I hope I get to take it again. It was so fun the first time. I also hope that I don't find out before the weekend.

Maybe reverse psychology will speed this process up?

aadams22 said:
aadams22 said:
i wonder what was the cut off or if they curve exam cause i saw post where people said that they go 51/80 raw scored and did not pass
Without any kind of curve a passing score would be 56/80. 70% of 80 = 56
Is it really as simple as a passing cut score? I thought it also depended on which questions you got wrong. If they decide a certain question was harder than others, they weight it less than the easier questions. Therefore 2 test takers could get the same score and one might pass while he ither fails.I *think* that's how it works anyway.
It does work that way. I just gave a non-curved score to give a point of reference. The way the grade is something I have a huge problem with. Two people put in the same amount of work, and get the same score but only one passes. Someone shouldn't be punished because some test official arbitrarily makes a decision to get rid of a certain problem. You either got it right or got it wrong, and that's the way it should be.
Have you guys looked at the scoring page on the NCEES website? http://ncees.org/exams/scoring/

Nothing about curves or people being graded differently. It sounds like they may recognize multiple answers for questions with issues but nothing about getting rid of questions.........
I think they meant the "state" not NCEES. NCEES has to give the scores to each state. Each state decides how it goes from there. Some people say that if a particular state believes one of the questions should be removed, they would exclude it. But who knows! Good luck to all.

I've been following these posts for a couple days now. didn't realize that PA was so freakishly slow on posting results till i got on here. i've taken this teast 4 times now. for the love of god, i hope i passed it this time.

I hope I get to take it again. It was so fun the first time. I also hope that I don't find out before the weekend.

Maybe reverse psychology will speed this process up?
watch what you hope for Murphy may be lurking in the background!!!

aadams22 said:
aadams22 said:
i wonder what was the cut off or if they curve exam cause i saw post where people said that they go 51/80 raw scored and did not pass
Is it really as simple as a passing cut score? I thought it also depended on which questions you got wrong. If they decide a certain question was harder than others, they weight it less than the easier questions. Therefore 2 test takers could get the same score and one might pass while he ither fails.I *think* that's how it works anyway.
It does work that way. I just gave a non-curved score to give a point of reference. The way the grade is something I have a huge problem with. Two people put in the same amount of work, and get the same score but only one passes. Someone shouldn't be punished because some test official arbitrarily makes a decision to get rid of a certain problem. You either got it right or got it wrong, and that's the way it should be.
Have you guys looked at the scoring page on the NCEES website? http://ncees.org/exams/scoring/

Nothing about curves or people being graded differently. It sounds like they may recognize multiple answers for questions with issues but nothing about getting rid of questions.........
I think they meant the "state" not NCEES. NCEES has to give the scores to each state. Each state decides how it goes from there. Some people say that if a particular state believes one of the questions should be removed, they would exclude it. But who knows! Good luck to all.
http://ncees.org/exams/scoring/scoring-process/

The link above makes it sound like NCEES does all of the grading. I don't think that state boards have the authority to change how questions are scored. The link also doesn't say anything about weighting the questions, so maybe I was wrong about that.

aadams22 said:
aadams22 said:

http://ncees.org/exams/scoring/scoring-process/

The link above makes it sound like NCEES does all of the grading. I don't think that state boards have the authority to change how questions are scored. The link also doesn't say anything about weighting the questions, so maybe I was wrong about that.
You are right; NCEES does the grading and reports it to your state. But remember you are licensed by a state not NCEES. I do not think that they change the grades. However, the state decides who passes not NCEES.

PA needs state board approval...so results will be given after state board meets. So far there is no meeting scheduled in June and May meeting happened before results were released. Maybe they will schedule early in June rather than their usual mid-end month.

Page for PA board calendar

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/calendar/17328
Ugh... What purpose does it have to make everyone wait for them to meet and say "We have the results. Should we send them?" and everyone says "yes". I mean, how many states do this without the official "board approval"... It's just a waste of time.

side by side comparison of the oct '12 and april '13 exam results, courtesy of the ncees website. left is april, right is oct, even though both are labeled as oct '12.

october-april comparison.JPG

At some point today my NCEES record was updated with results. SC is very, very odd in reporting the results this year. Is there any update from the SC people with last names past "D" or so? My coworker's still has "Pending-Exam Results" as of 5 minutes ago, but my results have been completely processed. I still have not received the email from NCEES.

At some point today my NCEES record was updated with results. SC is very, very odd in reporting the results this year. Is there any update from the SC people with last names past "D" or so? My coworker's still has "Pending-Exam Results" as of 5 minutes ago, but my results have been completely processed. I still have not received the email from NCEES.

PA here, just now learning I have a while to wait. I have seen friends in WV got their results today.

aadams22 said:
I just called the Illinois testing service and they are still hiding behind that BS "circumstances beyond our control" crap that they threw out earlier.

I guess a truthful answer is too much to ask for.
Gaaahhhhh!

aadams22 said:
I just called the Illinois testing service and they are still hiding behind that BS "circumstances beyond our control" crap that they threw out earlier.

I guess a truthful answer is too much to ask for.
Gaaahhhhh!
Waiting on test results all day from IL is driving me insane, wish I never saw the 2012 maps where IL released quickly. I'm sure those circumstances are the guy who pushes the button to release the results is gone for the long weekend.

Thanks. Just checked in at NCEES. My results are in too. (Last name "d"). SC.
Just got home, certificate from SC was in the mail!

No certificate, nothing updated on LLR, but NCEES results letter was there. After F5'ing the last 2 days, it took a surprisingly long time to click that "Results Notice" link.

But all is well, Passed.

Last name "G"

PA needs state board approval...so results will be given after state board meets. So far there is no meeting scheduled in June and May meeting happened before results were released. Maybe they will schedule early in June rather than their usual mid-end month.

Page for PA board calendar

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/calendar/17328
Ugh... What purpose does it have to make everyone wait for them to meet and say "We have the results. Should we send them?" and everyone says "yes". I mean, how many states do this without the official "board approval"... It's just a waste of time.
i agree. I am hoping they didn't schedule a meeting in June so they can have an impromptu meeting and get this over with!!!

Back