Map: April 2013 PE Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just looked up someone I figured passed with the last name starting with "D" and they were in the lookup search at 6:15 am. Looked up another person I am sure passed with the last name starting with "S" and not on there yet. My last name starts with "U" so I hope it's not a bad thing yet that I'm not coming up in the search. ( this is all for SC btw)
They still haven't made it to G.

Continental Testing Services in IL is not accepting phone calls at this time due to "circumstances beyond their control"

"If you are calling regarding your exam status, please leave a message and someone will return your call within 48 hours."

????????????????????????????

aadams22 said:
Continental Testing Services in IL is not accepting phone calls at this time due to "circumstances beyond their control"

"If you are calling regarding your exam status, please leave a message and someone will return your call within 48 hours."

????????????????????????????
Circumstances beyond their control huh? Must be Friday before a 3 day weekend.
You'd think they want to hurry up and get the test results out before the long weekend, right? Come on, Virginia...

aadams22 said:
There's a reason we're considered the most corrupt state in the country.
IL takes a couple days longer because they have to process the license # for those that have the experience approved before taking the test. They release it all at the same time

Hi Everyone

Good morning, congratulation to all those who have passed and good luck to everyone waiting for results. I am not sure the P.E. exam is graded like some people are saying. It is more like what aadams22 said. Say the remove 6 questions. Then the passing grade becomes 0.7*74 = 51.8 = 52 However, if you fail you would get a diagnostic report and your grade will be presented to you based on 80 questions. Therefore, if you get a 50 your diagnostic will show 54/80.The problem is that if you get 0.70 of 80 = 56 and they remove 6 questions that you got right, 56-6 = 50<52. But that is not the same as questions having more weight than others.

Has anyone from Jersey checked this page: https://newjersey.mylicense.com/verification/

When I do a search my name comes up and under license status it says “Pending”. I don’t know if that is just because I took the test. For people who have previously passed the PE the status either says “Active” or “Inactive” .

NJ’s staff needs to chill. I mean have a coke and a smile! Every time you call they make you feel like a debt collector.

Good luck to all!

Hi Everyone

Good morning, congratulation to all those who have passed and good luck to everyone waiting for results. I am not sure the P.E. exam is graded like some people are saying. It is more like what aadams22 said. Say the remove 6 questions. Then the passing grade becomes 0.7*74 = 51.8 = 52 However, if you fail you would get a diagnostic report and your grade will be presented to you based on 80 questions. Therefore, if you get a 50 your diagnostic will show 54/80.The problem is that if you get 0.70 of 80 = 56 and they remove 6 questions that you got right, 56-6 = 50<52. But that is not the same as questions having more weight than others.

Has anyone from Jersey checked this page: https://newjersey.mylicense.com/verification/

When I do a search my name comes up and under license status it says “Pending”. I don’t know if that is just because I took the test. For people who have previously passed the PE the status either says “Active” or “Inactive” .

NJ’s staff needs to chill. I mean have a coke and a smile! Every time you call they make you feel like a debt collector.

Good luck to all!
when I input my info and search my name it says pending, with no license number.

Hi Everyone

Good luck to all!
when I input my info and search my name it says pending, with no license number.
Hopefully we both passed!. It's my first time taking the P.E. Will be taking the S.E. next year. Good luck!

Hi Everyone

Good luck to all!
Hopefully we both passed!. It's my first time taking the P.E. Will be taking the S.E. next year. Good luck!
that would be nice. This is my second time taking it. not looking to go for #3

Hi Everyone

Good luck to all!
that would be nice. This is my second time taking it. not looking to go for #3
I did the same search yesterday and also saw "Pending" under license number...glad I'm not the only one looking for ANY SINGLE INDICATION! Good luck to us all -- and hopefully we get some news today!

I've been following these posts for a couple days now. didn't realize that PA was so freakishly slow on posting results till i got on here. i've taken this teast 4 times now. for the love of god, i hope i passed it this time.

aadams22 said:
aadams22 said:
i wonder what was the cut off or if they curve exam cause i saw post where people said that they go 51/80 raw scored and did not pass
Without any kind of curve a passing score would be 56/80. 70% of 80 = 56
Is it really as simple as a passing cut score? I thought it also depended on which questions you got wrong. If they decide a certain question was harder than others, they weight it less than the easier questions. Therefore 2 test takers could get the same score and one might pass while he ither fails.

I *think* that's how it works anyway.
It does work that way. I just gave a non-curved score to give a point of reference. The way the grade is something I have a huge problem with. Two people put in the same amount of work, and get the same score but only one passes. Someone shouldn't be punished because some test official arbitrarily makes a decision to get rid of a certain problem. You either got it right or got it wrong, and that's the way it should be.
Have you guys looked at the scoring page on the NCEES website? http://ncees.org/exams/scoring/

Nothing about curves or people being graded differently. It sounds like they may recognize multiple answers for questions with issues but nothing about getting rid of questions.........

Back