Manscaping

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you practice or appreciate good manscaping?

• I am a man and NO I do not practice manscaping

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a man and YES I practice manscaping

• I am a woman and NO I do not appreciate, or have never experienced manscaping

• I am a woman and YES I appreciate good manscaping

• Total voters
I had talked with my wife about removing the chest / back hair. She thought it was an OK idea... so I went out and got:

But there is now Nair for men.
Surprised her with a few minutes longer in the bathroom this morning. I had been about 1/2 way to sweater man above. Now not a single hair.

I think it'll be good. Only problem now is that the hair across my belly acted like camoflage for my little gut. No more. I will now begin to work on that so I can become an underwear model.

I showed my wife (who didn't know I was going to do it today) and her reaction was: :blink:

Quickly followed by... "Hmmmmmmmmm", :wub: :thankyou:

Last edited by a moderator:
Word of warning.
Hair grows back.
I read somewhere that the whole "if you shave it, it grows back faster and thicker" thing was a myth. Can anyone refute that? I think it came from the fact that your beard grows thicker after you start shaving, but I think that's because you start shaving before all the hair that is going to be there comes in...so while you are shaving, new hair that was going to be there anyway comes in.

I read somewhere that the whole "if you shave it, it grows back faster and thicker" thing was a myth. Can anyone refute that? I think it came from the fact that your beard grows thicker after you start shaving, but I think that's because you start shaving before all the hair that is going to be there comes in...so while you are shaving, new hair that was going to be there anyway comes in.

It is a myth. It can give the appearance that it's thicker after initial shavings, because the hair that naturally had a taper at the tip has now been severed to a blunt end.

let's just say that I had a LOT of hair and so maybe the first application doesn't completely get as 'deep' as when you don't have much hair.

The limit on the NAIR said to not leave on longer than 10 minutes, and said normally to leave it on 3... after some tests I had to leave it on 8 minutes just to get down to the skin.

I'm going back for a reapplication tonight. It has GOT to be easier than the first time.

If a porkupine starts something, I have no qualms about goin a couple rounds.

And update.

I must have superhuman hair. This crap doesn't want to come off. So, I applied - wasn't wanting to come off, left it on for the full 10 minutes (maybe a little longer) and now I think I have a minor chemical burn. My skin is very sensitive today.

My nipples are bleeding like I'm nursing a 2 year old while having mastitis. Wearing a shirt hurts.

But damn I'm smooth!!!

Is this how it's supposed to work?

No one said looking good was easy.

Oh my. I thought by manscaping we were talking about using a razor to remove the stray back hair here and there. This is a litte more serious than I was imagining.

I can assure you, 99.9% of all manscaping does NOT include the use of chemical products. Clippers with guards and disposables for those "delicate areas" are the norm.

That reminds me of the Chapelle show where they did the wife swap. Tyrone (played by Dave Chapelle) ends up with the white wife and when they have sex for the first time Tyrone says, "I've heard of trimming the hedges, but you done scorched the earth."

Speaking of chemical burns, I'm working on taking out a chlorine gas disinfection system and replacing it with a sodium hypochlorite disinfection system capable of feeding a 6% to a 12.5% concentration. Does anyone know how NFPA and IFC classifies oxidizers and what class oxidizer sodium hypo. is considered?

I can assure you, 99.9% of all manscaping does NOT include the use of chemical products. Clippers with guards and disposables for those "delicate areas" are the norm.
All this talk of Nair and razors :f_115m_e45d7af: when you ladies decide to man up...

[SIZE=18pt]Epilady!!![/SIZE]

Speaking of chemical burns, I'm working on taking out a chlorine gas disinfection system and replacing it with a sodium hypochlorite disinfection system capable of feeding a 6% to a 12.5% concentration. Does anyone know how NFPA and IFC classifies oxidizers and what class oxidizer sodium hypo. is considered?
From looking at the MSDS, I'd say Class 1, but you might want to double check that because I'm not sure.

Apparently it's a corrosive, not an oxidizer. That's why I couldn't find it in NFPA 430.
yes, I'm pretty sure you are correct. I just completed the design for a project doing the same exact thing (its under construction now) if you have any questions, let me know.

Back