LinkedIn Connections

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you accept connection requests from people you've never met or worked with?

• Yes

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • It depends; are they hot?

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters
Depends on what they are inquiring about and if it's of a technical nature. Networking isn't a bad thing and if they start to spam you, just delete. It's fairly painless. My last (2) jobs I've had were because of having a polished LinkedIn account and starting the interview process through the LI mail system. I think it's a great professional resource to list in greater detail (as compared to a resume) what your qualifications are and what specific job experience you have.

I still haven't exactly found a benefit to being on LinkedIn...
See above. ;)

Similar to what others have said, I only accept it they are in a similar field, I know them in real life or if it's a recruiting agent. I've had people request to connect and they're in completely different fields in a different country, those get the 'ignore' button.

Similar to what others have said, I only accept it they are in a similar field, I know them in real life or if it's a recruiting agent. I've had people request to connect and they're in completely different fields in a different country, those get the 'ignore' button.
what if they are EB.com contacts...

Now I'm combing through your contacts to see which of your connections might be from EB...

Good question, but I'm not sure that I have EB contacts. If I do happen to have some, they're a mystery to me!

tumblr_nnkbj8hfHO1u79dpno1_500.jpg

If I knew your real name I would totally connect, Ramnares. Whenever I read your username I always end it with "Sarwan", like the cricket player.

Back